suzuki trail hopper 50cc

me and a few buddies took their 4 wheelers, and my dirt bike out to one of our farms and when wheelin al day! anyways, behind the barn sat this 72 suzuki trail hopper!! he gave it to me, and i took the tank cover, exhaust cover, and gas tank and seat off last night . its a blue one. been sitting for over 2 years, in the same spot with no spark plug :( first kick, it turned over verry smooth. put in a plug, and it has good compression. so im going to clean up the carb, and if it runs good, have the frame powder coated, and the plastics al repainted. and restore it.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhhh, man!! I had two of those back in the 90's. They are much rarer than the Honda 50 equivalants, but Suzuki hardly had any parts for them, even in the 90's (Honda still sells lots of parts for theirs!). I was restoring one (the other was a parts bike), yellow chromate plated ALL of the original Suzuki hardware (most of the bolt heads should have the Suzuki "S" on them.......take a look!!), painted the frame black, the wheels Olde English White, and all of the other parts British Racing Green, to match the Mini that I was restoring at the time. When I moved, I sold all of the Suzuki stuff. Wish I had some digital pics for ya!

I'm a regular on the Z forums, but this is my first post here on Ratsun. I had a lime green Trail Hopper back in 1974ish when I was 8. They are super rare and a bunch of fun. I would love to have one as a pit bike when I'm at the track. Great find! Post some pics.

• 4 weeks later...