"Hands On Datsun" moving to Ratsun events (SoCal)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a great idea. Theres enough Ratsun people around Seattle/ Portland area to start something like that.

Larry

I was hoping the idea would catch on all around and other areas would start their own. the site costs $75 / for 6 months though and people had trouble making the $2 / month dues. I think this is funny because every meeting usually had about $25 worth of food and $20 worth of free beer. LOL.

Hmmm... You could easily set something up on your own server if you were willing. I could whip up a site in a heartbeat to get something going.

I guess youre right, there are enough people in the Seattle area to set something up. Would be a nice once a month meet.

Hmmm... You could easily set something up on your own server if you were willing. I could whip up a site in a heartbeat to get something going.

I guess youre right, there are enough people in the Seattle area to set something up. Would be a nice once a month meet.

I appreciate that, i did have one offer before to make a site for it. I ran into problems when it came to supporting it on a server. I wish i had an independant site for this based of the simplicity of meetup. Dont really need a thread option. just discussions and and events, maybe some photo galleries.

If you wanted to go very simple, just start your own forum. They are free, easy to set up, and you can section it by area. It allows people to sign in and have accounts, and some are already built in to have supporters. That would be easy and nothing fancy. It would just be a forum for only the garage meet ups.

I wonder if my work would let me do something like this... but instead of going around to everyones garage, you could get your car into the shop and everyone could work together. Maybe have a very reduced shop fee... could be a working BBQ. *mental cogs turning* hmmm

If you wanted to go very simple, just start your own forum. They are free, easy to set up, and you can section it by area. It allows people to sign in and have accounts, and some are already built in to have supporters. That would be easy and nothing fancy. It would just be a forum for only the garage meet ups.

I wonder if my work would let me do something like this... but instead of going around to everyones garage, you could get your car into the shop and everyone could work together. Maybe have a very reduced shop fee... could be a working BBQ. *mental cogs turning* hmmm

you sound like me 7 months ago. there has to be a way to incorporate Datsun Meets with actual progress. without the help of the guys in the group i wouldn't have been able to get my ride to the point its at right now. I enjoy the ability to work on so many different datsuns, you really learn a lot quickly.

Ill talk to my boss about it next time Im working. The only issue I see is liability with people working and using tools in a shop that isnt theirs. Would be nice though... I know my boss is looking for new ways to make money and looking for some exposure. Would be nice since he has a welder, a bunch of hand tools, a bunch of shop space, and a lift (looking to pick up a second one). We could also be the middle man for all the parts needed and could have them waiting at the shop for when everyone shows up for that day.

• 2 weeks later...

on another more San Diego related meet, (;

I got a few goodies coming my way! this new job is letting buy alot more for my truck and no GF = ALOT more money aha

I gotta ask for a weekend off to set something up, and chris See if you could get your welder to do some work for me in the meet.

BTW the last BBQ was awesome! food was great! lets get something like that set up again.