69 510 (Lenore)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. Ok… I get it more pics are needed.

My goal here is to get a good running daily driver. So you won’t be seeing any major engine swaps, just boring stuff.

Got the Matchbox dizzy in and wanted the box away from the exhaust manifold. The Vacuum advance can is interfering with the top hose a bit. I plan on making a spacer, 3/8” to 1/2”, to go between the thermostat housing and outlet to make it clear.

Don’t have the dual choke cable yet but I got the flat tops on. After two days the front carb started blowing gas out of the overflow. The float wasn’t floating so I pulled it out and soldered it up. Hard to see in the picture but that’s a homemade heat shield made from a scrap piece of aluminum a buddy had laying around his shop.

Adjusted the valve lash and changed the belt.

Now that the car has some power back the clutch is slipping so that is next up. That and figuring out what is going on with the heater control valve. It stopped moving and I see a bit of seep going on down there… better get to it before it gets bad.

9.jpg

2.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

It is comming off soon, I will take pictures before it does.

ohh yeah removed the tow package too! B)

It was bolted into the outer most bumper mounts 2x on both sides.

1.jpg

And one in the middle of the sheet metal just to make sure it wrecked everything if it did come loose!

3.jpg

It has a new home in the weeds outside my garage.

There's at least 2 heater valve repair write-ups in the How-To section. I seem to remember a mklotz70 write-up in one of his threads too.

That hitch is a confusing combination of hilarious and frightening.

Found the heater fix posts.

And yes that thing is scary! I thought about putting it up for sale before I came to my senses.

Anything special in the works or going back together all stock?

I was going to lower the spring pearches with collars but... I picked up a package deal. New set of ground control coilovers for the front, some stiffer springs for the rear, and rear disk brake conversion.

So the new plan is bushings, coilovers, strut inserts, and clean up and paint. Move on to the rear and do the same minus coilovers.

oics to follow. :)

New strut(MR2) Vs. old strut.

3.jpg

MR2 strut won't fit in the hole.

1.jpg

Took care of that problem. Could have used a file but this was more fun. B)

2.jpg

cut the lower spring perches off.

5.jpg

Ohh and a pic of the new hardware.

4.jpg

Test fit everything last night but that's as far as I have gotten this week. Bushings should be here tomorrow

Even with a press getting those LCA bushings is a bitch!

At first I was trying to push the whole thing out and it wasn't budging so I took out the tube out of the center and the rest came pretty clean. That was the first one...

taking what I learned from the first one I pushed the center out and started on the rubber. Got it loaded up with plenty of presure and it wasnt moving so I flipped it over and pushed it the other way. It went but things kind got sideways on me and it busted part of the sleave that I didn't think was a sleave. From what I had read on other posts here the 69s didn't have sleaves but I'm glad they do cause when I got it pressed out the energy bushing fit perfect. So back to the first one to press out the sleave and holy shit it ain't going nowhere. Monkeyed with it going back and forth pressing on in and it finally busted loose. It was loud!

1.jpg

2.jpg

It is going to be OK to run without the sleaves? From the size of the bushing it seems like they are made to run without.