75 B210 rear

Ok its quite obvious this little car has parallel leaf springs....I know I am showing my redneck here...I want to jack the back of my B210 up an inch or two....do they make air shocks?

will truck springs fit?

old muscle car trick was to go to the junkyard and grab springs from a wagon, but no B210 wagons close to 75....more door sedan springs any heavier?

again redneck...how bout the mr gasket lift shackles?

I am going for the redneck look of rakin it to the nose, plan on putting wider rear tires on it...handling obviously not a big concern

yes I know front lower than rear screws up caster angle and increases bumpsteer....I know proper caster is 6 degrees, spindle leaning to the rear, not sure if thats pos or neg. you know for the steering wheel to center itself after turning and such.

I know I will be labeled redneck because of this, but this is how I am used to decking out a car....N50's sticking out of the back fenders, Cb antennae on trunklid, STP decal on the 1/4 windows...etc

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the front of the spring is solid mounted it takes a lot of shackle to get a small lift, and they look like fuck.

Just get another set of springs and take them apart. Take the second leaf down and add to your spring pack and remove the third leaf down. In effect you are doubling up your second leaf and this will lift it. (removing the thirds spring keeps the spring pack the same thickness for the U bolts) If too much, try doubling the third leaf down. I did this on a buddy's Charger to raise it up. A side benefit was it added to the spring rate, increasing the stiffness.