WTB - upper thermostat housing, water inlet housing, and oil pressure sender

L-series

I was going to take the pieces off of the L16 to put them on the L20, but the housings were corroded past the point of no return and the oil pressure sender ain't comin' out.

let me know if you've got these pieces in good to great condition!

thanks,

Jason

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oil pressure senders are cheap, just get a new one on that case. IMO

ya, like $20 bucks. then the thermo housing is another $20. then the inlet housing is another $40. that's already $80! :) i've already been nickel/dimed to death and i still need to mill the head, resurface the flywheel, and get a new clutch! argh!

ya, this "budget build" has been nickel and diming me since the beginning. I'm just hoping someone has a few parts lying around so that I can afford to put this car back together :)

Stat housing Lower No bypass hole

11061-21000

Stat housing with BYPASS HOLE

11061-P0300

Stat neck to rad(top covers T stat)

11060-21000

16mm NUT to hold sender in housing

25251-37700

Most time trying to remove this 16mm nut will result in a cracked housing and water leak.

this is all L16 stuff and up to you to know what you have as for the lower housing if it cam with a bypass hole in the lower housing that goes to the Hotwater metal line that goes to the intake manifold to heat it up.

The U shaped rubber hose that goes between is NLA and you have to make something work so it dont kink.

write these #s down

I have bought any in while and dont know if still aval. always buy 2(spare)

Stock oil senders you can buy anywhere(buy for a Datsun!!!!!!, but if you want to run a mecahnical guage use this adapter in the photo

1/8 BSP thread(Threads in to block) then use the kits 1/8NPTF to your gauge

as most kits use the 1/8 NPTF

PS dont use the cheap Taiwan made oil lines(will crack)

Buy the Autometer brand and keep the stock sender in the car/truck incase a line breaks and loose all your oil.

oiladapterpressure_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.