Fuel line question

oldgasman

I just pulled out the fuel tank. I see there is 3 ports two on bottom and one on the top. Does anyone know where these go. ? As nothing was hooked up not sure what each go to ?

I also see on top of trunk what looks like a vacuum canister is that what it is and where do the lines from that go ?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't say what vehicle but can I assume it's the 510 in your profile?

Well there is the large fill pipe and the smaller one beside it for releasing displaced air when refueling.

Over to the driver's side on top is a smaller vapor hose going up to the reservoir tank the just collects fumes and allows any that condense to flow back into the dank. Over on the pass side of the reservoit are two more hoses... one from the filler neck and one going to the front of the car on the driver's fender to the flow guide valve there that is connected to the PCV system that draws the tank fumes into the intake to be burned.

On the bottom front of the tank are two hoses. One to the carb and the other is a return line to the tank. Generally the return lin is usually a larger diameter hose.

Some people can't wait for the answers so they keep asking the question.

One of em is plugged, the other is the fuel line....

Maybe a previous owner closed it off?

Should be one outlet over top of the other. The bottom one on the tank should go to the fuel filter and then on to the fuel pump, then the fuel rail to the carb. The fuel rail has a return line with with small restriction in it and a hose going back to the top line on the tank.

Should be one outlet over top of the other. The bottom one on the tank should go to the fuel filter and then on to the fuel pump, then the fuel rail to the carb. The fuel rail has a return line with with small restriction in it and a hose going back to the top line on the tank.

:mellow:

Fuck.

Mine has the bottom one open, top one plugged.

Do you mind explaining this further to me Through PM? because I was lost after the fuel rail, i have a Weber on it...

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Factory blockoff :unsure:

I do have a factory "recall" sheet here somewhere that the blockoff had issues.