Computer talk and some vids of the games I play

I had a few ATi cards back in the day that broke, and the whole time I was dealing with shitty drivers. They are much better now, but I'll always be an nVidia fanboy.

As far as CPUs go, the past couple generations Intel has been lightyears ahead of AMD in the performance category. I've been running an AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3.6GHz and a GTX275 for the past couple years. Almost time for an upgrade. My next build will be Intel/nVidia.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AMD and Intel cant be compared in matters of performance.....running a ATi or nvidia with AMD is like running a V8 with a 3 litter gas tank. Performance of ATi and nVidia's can be debated.

They can be compared in matters of heat, longevity, and price! Your statement is broke, a 3ghz amd processor can definitely be compared to a 3ghz intel processor ollz. Unless I'm mistaken, AMD had fastest cpu till the latest i7. Intel does have the mobile market flaming fast with the i7 laptops. Regardless of the current fastest (which no one here has, probably) AMD will always be ready to make a chip faster than the current fastest intel, which intel will top after a couple months, and then they repeat.

Intel fans will always claim to be faster than the AMD guys, but AMD guys know they spent less.

3 liters you say?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NaWeYrSiYk

:fu:

The only Intels I've been real impressed with was the Pentium MMX 233Mhz, Pentium 3 1ghz, and the Intel Atom in the mini netbooks. When I had a motherboard fail a few years back, I slapped my at the time 6800GT AGP in my P3 1ghz, 1gb ram and it did amazingly well. I've always went cheap on processors, decent brand motherboards, decent ram, and high end video cards. I paid 405$ for the 6800GT when it first came out, I was destroying all my gaming friends computers. Now I'm cheap, trying to spend money on more important things. When my gaming laptop got stolen, I offered to buy my friends current video cards, so I'd have something to start building for myself and also to help him buy a better video card he wanted. I got both 8800GT's for $100. His computer is alot more current than mine, but not a whole lot better.

I might keep building this one up until the bottle neck of 400mhz ram actually shows up. Right now, no matter what I throw in it, it gets faster. I just hope this old ABIT Fatal1ty don't fail, they are kinda hard to come by being a 939 socket amd with sli capabilities. The asus sli 939 boards are a POS, I have two and both have issues. The PCI slots dont work without blue screening, onboard sound also runs threw the PCI, onboard lan, etc. I have to run a usb sound card to get sound and a pci express 1x lan card to get on the internet.