my first datsun

Rambler73

whats up, im new to ratsun. ill be picking up my first datsun/project in a few weeks. it sat for 6 yrs body seemed to b good. has cam and headers. ran when parked 6 yrs ago from what he says? he gave me a few new parts still in the datsun boxes, i guess he wroked at datsun dealer when he bought this he said. only stuff im not sure if its good or bad or if i even like. the roof was cut off and made it a removable top, and cut part of the doors off. i think it has a small body lift? ill know more when i get t to my house to start cleaning and taking things apart. not sure what my plans r really? i know i want to lower it. i dnt plan on putting a ton of money into it. atleast not right now. but for not get it running and lower it a lil and get new tires. inside needs to be stripped

datsun73620.jpg

73datsun620.jpg

prjectdatun.jpg

datsun73.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Ratsun :) the truck looks really straight what I can see of it..nice find. I worry about the leakage problems of that removable hardtop..whats are your plans for the top?? weld it all back together or make it functional? and looks it came from San Diego Datsun the same datsun dealer that my blue Z came from!

Welcome to Ratsun :) the truck looks really straight what I can see of it..nice find. I worry about the leakage problems of that removable hardtop..whats are your plans for the top?? weld it all back together or make it functional? and looks it came from San Diego Datsun the same datsun dealer that my blue Z came from!

I'll have to live with the top for a while. Low on funds shouldn't of even started a project but my buddy got one and I fell in love with these trucks. As soon as i found one in my range I got it. Ill need new doors and a good welder to help me Out later down the road. First I need to take out the crap interior and burn it. It's nasty in there. Then. I'll get going or trying to get it running.

The guy cut the top of the door off so there's a gap. Bed looked good very very small dings frame was ok. I should of hammered on the floor before buying it. And its not with me till maybe tues. I'm anxious to c. and yeh I like the rims to. Should I just clean then up or paint them? I kinda wanna paint them gloss black.

As for the seat, this is Cali-- so just get a mexican blanket for now. Go to AutoZone and get some 3" blocks for the rear, for the front, just adjust your torsion bars and cut your snubbers and your LOW! If you need help, bring it over, I'm local.Well get you profiled quick. If you want to polish the rims and paint the inners, we have a good polisher that's cheap.let me know.Moody.

The guy cut the top of the door off so there's a gap. Bed looked good very very small dings frame was ok. I should of hammered on the floor before buying it. And its not with me till maybe tues. I'm anxious to c. and yeh I like the rims to. Should I just clean then up or paint them? I kinda wanna paint them gloss black.

floors aren't anything too horrible... if they are rusted&holey, just clean em' up and weld in sheetmetal where you need to. i like the idea of painting them gloss black, but i'd see how well they polish up before doing that. biggrin.gif

As for the seat, this is Cali-- so just get a mexican blanket for now. Go to AutoZone and get some 3" blocks for the rear, for the front, just adjust your torsion bars and cut your snubbers and your LOW! If you need help, bring it over, I'm local.Well get you profiled quick. If you want to polish the rims and paint the inners, we have a good polisher that's cheap.let me know.Moody.

After I get it running I'll hit u up for sure. I'd like to see the rims polished before painting them.

Also if it's going to much of a prob to make that top functional I'll just weld back. Then I'll have to find new doors. Lil by Lil I guess. I should have a problem lowing it but think there's a body lift on it. Is that hard to remove?

So all there is to do it lift and pull those spacers out? Did u run into any probs? Or is there anything I need to watch out for? I'll have to keep the top for a while. Finally got it to my house. I'll post more pics when I get to a comp. Found out that the guy who chopped it didn't brace it to well. It's not bad but I'll fix it with some help from my buddy.

"great for trading"? Did u mean trade my body lift?