WTB welded diff

need a welded diff for my hardbody, ka24 ect.

there was a guy on my local craigslist that was selling 240 parts and was selling welded diffs for 75 bucks

WTB either welded diff or used no so nice LSD, dont care about leaks but has to be functional and not need work

i got cash or things to trade PM with what you have and what you want

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which series? I have a welded R180 here with 3.70's. Shipping's gonna be a b**** though.

I have a KA24e in a 1993 hardbody I wouldn't know the series

It would be cheaper to get a rear end welded, but I don't know which rear end would fit my drive shaft

Yeah, just have someone weld your diff.

No one is going to have a welded H190 available, haha.

Any D21/WD21 rear end will fit your driveshaft, if for some reason you don't just want to weld your rear end up.

anything out of any older datsun?

there is a 4x4 720 at the wrecking yard for parts

was wondering if the 4x4's had the LSD's?

need a welded diff for my hardbody, ka24 ect.

there was a guy on my local craigslist that was selling 240 parts and was selling welded diffs for 75 bucks

WTB either welded diff or used no so nice LSD, dont care about leaks but has to be functional and not need work

i got cash or things to trade PM with what you have and what you want

Nothing from a 240sx is going to fit your truck, nothing!

Yeah, just have someone weld your diff.

No one is going to have a welded H190 available, haha.

Any D21/WD21 rear end will fit your driveshaft, if for some reason you don't just want to weld your rear end up.

There were H190, CA200 and H233 differentials used.... the chances of the driveshafts all being the same or bolting up to them is extremely remote.

anything out of any older datsun?

there is a 4x4 720 at the wrecking yard for parts

was wondering if the 4x4's had the LSD's?

There were no LSDs made for the 720, 2 or 4wd.

There was an LSD option for the H-190, CA200 and the H-233 up until July '93 on the Hardbody.

You don't say, but probably have the 2wd so H-190 rear end.

Welding is a very poor choice and is called the poor man's or redneck LSD for this reason. The only good thing about it is that it is cheap and fairly easy to do even on the H-190 and this is why it is chosen over a proper LSD. Locked rear ends are only good when going in a straight line.

I drove a car with a spool on the street for awhile. Not much fun. really hard on axles, tires, ect. Constant binding. Like Mike says, straight line only. Not to mention what your insurance company might do if you wreck, and they find out you welded the spiders.

Oh and Mike, the correct term is Lincoln locker. ha ha.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.