6 speed l18

64tbird

when i first picked up my 510 it had a l18 in it and a 5 speed out of a truck. the 5 speed is making some noise so i have been kicking around the idea of a different trans when a 6 speed poped up on craigslist. its for the sr20det out of a s15 but says it will fit a s13. one guy i talked to said the ka trans will bolt to a l-series so maby the s15 6 speed would bolt to a l18..... has anyone tried this or know if it would work?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the transmission cares what drives it, whether a 5 or 6 bolt flywheel or a 200, 225 or 240mm pressure plate. What is important the the clutch disc splines fit the input shaft, the input shaft fits into the pilot bushing and the release bearing and collar properly disengages the clutch.

If the SR is very close to the KA then it would suffer the same L vs. Z series engine/transmission tilt anyway, making the shifter lean over into the passenger seat. This doesn't even begin to mention the transmission length differences.

Six speed would make me wet though.