Datsun Matsuri

Z chopper

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ya should I say screw work for that weekend along with the $$ I'd earn to put towards my 510 and find a way to get to Kelowna for the Matsuri and hope to win the carbs which are worth more than I'd make in that weekend. But then ofcourse I do that so soon after getting the job, I may not have a job.

you won;t have a job if you just don;t show up. If you go to your boss explain the situation, that your a Datsun guy and this is the 1st time this big event is being held, then ASK if it's alright with them if you go. they are normaly pretty cool about it. Just let em know if they need yuo you will stay and work. :angel:

and too much work needing to be done between now and then... replace tail light panel, figure out why the car will turn over and start up but then die (thinking fuel pump), new tires but then I am eyeing some appliance meshies to snag later this month that have new tires already mounted.

Arghh! stinking broken windstar. If only I could fit the whole family in the 1200 then it could be the family mover. I hear ya zchopper on the "too much work to be done" I just picked up some enkei EK32's and am going to pick some cheap rubber this weekend. I also found a working slave cylinder on a parts car so maybe it'll move soon.

Hey DaveM There is an Okanagan news/classified site called castanet that is pretty popular here, maybe even more so than kijiji locally so that might be a good spot to advertise this event.

Here is the link http://www.castanet.net/ I should have suggested it earlier since i check it every day for datsun stuff but for some reason i didn't think to.

Got my Shirt lol

Radio

Looking good!

So everyone knows, the event t-shirts are slightly different but the logo on the front is the same. The shirts are white (long story but it has to do with sublimation and the speed and cost of printing versus screen printing)

So everyone knows, the event t-shirts are slightly different but the logo on the front is the same. The shirts are white (long story but it has to do with sublimation and the speed and cost of printing versus screen printing)

Go on about this 'event shirt'

Radio

Same logo on the front. Additional stuff "Datsun Matsuri 2012" on the upper back below the collar with sponsors' logos below. So...pretty much the same.

Lookie what arrived yesterday courtesy of Todd Walrich from Wolf Creek Racing - a triple 44mm Mikini rebuilt kit that some lucky participant will win!

7162965848_6513587690_n.jpg

http://www.myautopro...un-matsuri-2012

We're down to the home stretch. We're at 40 registered.

Registration still open http://www.myautopro...nt-registration

Nine days to go before the big event. Time for a registration update:

42 total and counting...

Roadsters - 13

510s - 9 (plus however many of you guys from Vancouver show up who haven't registered yet...will the roadsters, 510s or Zs win?)

Zs - 8

ZXs - 6

520 / 520 Trucks - 2

SX - 1

Other - 3 (BRE tribute Sentra, 810, Cedric)

http://www.myautoproject.com/datsun-matsuri-2012-event-registration/

Email to all registered participants went out last night with detailed event schedule, maps, etc.

So, check your email including the junk folder. Email me if you didn't receive it and I'll resend it to you.

Still soooooo much work to do (maybe I should start with getting my car put back together).

For those of you planning to attend the event but have not yet registered, today is the final day for advanced, on-line registration.

Registration is available at the event but I have a limited supply of items to include in the registration kits.

Also, you may not have a space "with the Datsuns / Nissans" and may be relegated to fitting in with the "other cars".

I don't control the allocation of space for the Datsun show and have given the hill climb organizers an estimate of 50. Any more cars than that and late registrants could be feeling shame (Slapshot reference) as they may be relegated to parking amidst the various other cars that show up for the people's choice car show.

If you've already registered, thank you.

See you all there.

Dave

p.s. BRING CASH for registration or food and drinks on site.