Datsun Matsuri

Z chopper

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran into another little hick up. I have three sets of wheels all needing 1 new tire. Now I have to sort which ones are getting new rubber. I nearly got the new fuel filler hose in after a while trying to get that thing in there. That should get it running again. we'll soon know.

anybody from the 604 or from the states that wants to criuse I think I will bve headed up on Fri evening I'd be happy to convoy up. I will be there but if its going to be in a Datsun is still up in the air.. Might be a Cosworth. So far in one month my wagons has gone from semi rolling shell to what resembles a car. This is with work from 8-5 and school till 9 mondays and wedsdays. Many late nights to say the least. I fired up the KA a few days ago only to find the fuel in my tank was more sludge than gas... cleaned out the tank but the damage has been done my injectors are fubar. I have 6 sets of wheels... and no tires at all... none of my wheels fit under my fenders and my camber plates won't fit my shock stem. Goal is to have it on the road this weekend!

Motivation time...

I have heard from plenty of Datsun owners indicating how much they would love to come to the event in Kelowna but this or that isn't done on their car.

Hogwash I say! ;)

Get to work and we'll see you there. YOU CAN DO IT! :thumbup:

Here is my car today (yes it is on jackstands)

6973792550_415dd43f47_n.jpg

7119874583_85345397f6_n.jpg

well i got the filler hose in and the exhaust hooked up but then noticed i have a seized slave cylinder and clutch. It does run now though. I also got some new rims and am now workin on the rubber.... so its getting there.

• Like 1

Today, April 30, is the deadline to register if you want to be guaranteed to receive swag from our sponsors. The deadline for registering if you want an T-shirt delivered at the event is looming as well.

Please register now.

well it seems the primary family mobile is experiencing some technical difficulties so what little time i had to spare for the datsun is going to be spent on the windstar. I sure hope this years Matsuri is a success and will be happening next year because i am really bummed about not getting the car there and am already planning on it for next year...I might even have a real paint job by then.

I will be there to ogle this year though.

Time for an official registration update:

There are 33 registered participants (with plenty more still interested and intending to come but not registered yet). My best guess is we'll see about 50-55 when all is said and done and 60sh isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Vehicles Represented

Roadsters - 9 (plus me)

510s - 9

Zs - 7

ZXs - 5

Trucks - 2

SX - 1

Where you're coming from

Alberta - 13 (Nice showing Alberta. Having to drive the farthest out of this group you deserve a pat on the back but I know there are still some fence sitters out there)

BC - 18 (Way to go BC, but this is right in your back yard. BC, shoot for 30!)

Washington - 2 (Okay you Washington guys, you can do this. There has to be more than 2 of you with passports).

John, I know there are some folks from Calgary and Arnold the Roadster guy from the Hat who are likely interested. I'll hook you up closer to the event but keep seeing if there are any ratsunites that are going.