Very slow 71 2 door project

Thought I would post in here even though my project will be really slow and not very exciting to start. My main things are to get the car running great and do some little upgrades here and there, along with a drop and some wheels. I bought the car about a month ago from a guy in really small town about 3 hours away from my house. I paid 760 dollars for it...it does have some underside rust and the interior needs work and is pretty dirty...but other then that its not to bad. Its has a L20b with a 280zx 5 speed tranny (I also got the L16 with it if anyone needs parts off it). After buying it I washed it up and put it in my dads garage till winters over..BTW he lives about 1.5 hours away from me so thats why pictures will be pretty scarce for a little bit.

Pretty much my list consists of....

-2 5/8" sunpro black tachometer..(just bought)

-msd blaster coil...(will be buying one in the next week)

-new distributor, new plugs, new wires, and new fuel filter

-seafoam the motor, tune the carburetor, change oil, tranny fluid, and rear end fluid

-paint the valve cover wrinkle black and make a battery tie down

-ST lowering springs or D50 or Thunderbird springs for the rear cut....with front perches cut and moved down.

-15" XXR 501 in chromium black (not until summer)

-new dash pad (off ebay), new radio surround (if you guys have one for sale LMK), cd player and new front speakers.

-convert cluster to LEDs, get HIDs (probably 3000k for the vintage yellow look), NRG wood grain steering wheel with black face, and make new trunk board and backing for the gas tank.

Thats all I can think of for now...Anyway onto the 2 pictures I have from the car wash...sorry about the cell phone quality.

PART_1329501546930.jpg

PART_1329501718877.jpg

LMK what you guys think...:)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like black dimes. Sounds like you got a screaming deal. Will it need much rust repair and bodywork?

Yeah on the underside it will and Idk about the rear quarter panels cause im pretty sure the have a lot of fiberglass in them. Because Ive seen some cracking, so IDK. It will get a full teardown this winter, but I just want to enjoy it through the summer. After looking up the cluster LED how-to im kind of confused on what it mean by 360* LED and 90* LED. I have these bookmarked on ebay and I assume there 360* but im not sure... http://www.ebay.com/itm/330617873869?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649