any affordable safe west coast cities for families?

LeX

Jess, you buy that? Looks fantastic!

No. I saw it a couple years ago and posted it. 420n620 tracked the owner down and talked to him. I guess the clutch had gone out and as it was being rope-towed home it hit a mailbox or sign and narfed the front and broke the windshield. It was someone's baby at some point but looks better in pics than in person. Not sure what the current status is. Only other pic I took:

005-5.jpg

Sorry for the tangent.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not move to Oregon without having a job here first. Next I would look at what the wages would be at the said job, then look at the cost of living. Oregon near Portland may not be as expensive as California or some other areas, but it by no means cheap, and unemployment rates are high.

Not the worst place to live, but it is quickly becoming over-run with snobs, the unemployed(including myself whenever work slows down at the shop I work at), and crime rates that are starting to rival larger cities(still no where near as bad as most, but off to a grand start this year). Good scenery, decent enough people, no really harsh weather in the Willamette valley, and fair education. Be forewarned, while I cannot speak for schools closer to PDX, I can say the school systems around some of the farming and small towns near where I live leave much to be desired.