79 210 specific engine details?

ofg

Looks like for a modest sum I can just replace the carb on my 79 210. Was wondering what kind of head it has on it? Oval port? Wet manifold? Trying to locate a side draft intake manifold, but apparently there are about a hundred different variations on the A series head.

I drove the little red box a couple a days ago. Its quicker than I thought. 4 speed, so I am thinking it has the HO motor? Single carb, 49 state, and came from 5000 ft in colorado,, so it probably also has the altitude compensating equipment.

Unfortunately it grinds just a touch on downshift. Not going to worry about it though. Could just be clutch system out of whack.

Was considering a redline weber conversion, but as usual, the availability seems to skip the 210 model all together. Everything available for a b210 or a b310,, but no 210.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ghetto rigged to the max! Some emissions equipment removed, and SOME holes plugged up. Pretty sure the electric choke isnt hooked up because there is a mess of cut wires behind it. Car will not cold start without ether,, but hot starts fine.

datsun2101979023.jpg

Whats this round thing with a port sticking out,, right next to the charcoal canister? Can I remove it? Wheres it hook up to? Going to get a redline weber conversion anyway,, soooo, what is it? Referring to the greasy dirty thing laying horizontal, just left of the charcoal canister. has a large blue hose nipple sticking out left.

datsun2101979024.jpg

I did find a redline weber conversion for this car! Seems like the easiest route to get increased performance and methodical delete of all the emissions equipment. Was hoping to retain the stock air cleaner and related cold start plumbing though.

Looks to be a oval port. On the other side of the engine just under the head towards the rear there is a flat spot with the engine size stamped in. And the blue nipple thing is an emmision crap thing and can be removed!

Whats this round thing with a port sticking out,, right next to the charcoal canister? Can I remove it? Wheres it hook up to?

As I recall, there was a rubber hose from it to the smog pump. No idea what it does though. :P

I did find a redline weber conversion for this car! Seems like the easiest route to get increased performance and methodical delete of all the emissions equipment. Was hoping to retain the stock air cleaner and related cold start plumbing though.

Redline/Weber makes an adapter to fit your stock breather to the Weber carb. ;)

And if you're that worried about "cold start", get the Weber with the electric choke. :cool: