Verified good 620 rad wanted!

Ok, been through three radiators trying to get my truck roadworthy in case of zombie attack. For the love! Someone hook me up w/ a verified working radiator. I am willing to trade vinyl decal work if interested, or shoot me a price. Want a hood-sized ratsun logo? In chrome vinyl? How about a QR code that links directly to your build thread? Ya? Well I want a farkin radiator so I can make zombies eat my pre-DEQ, beef-cake cam, ignition timing not set right, stinky-ass exhaust fumes >:D

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i don`t know what your mechanical skill level is but ,,,you should try soldering it up yourself . All you need is a small handheld propane torch, a wire brush, acid core flux and lead solder ,, Just heat spots up slightly and scrub with wire brush till clean in the spot to fix ,heat again then wipe /pour flux cleaner on surface, then heat just hot enough to melt solder with surface then add lead quickly flow then cool with rag around ( to keep from melting other joints ) ... The only hard part of learning to do it is not over heating it so hot that it melts other joints...

You have to use acid flux and or acid core solder ,,,both if possible.

You can do it ,,, and having a couple radiators laying around you have practice material..

sorry for the semi thread jack..but trust me you can do it..

i don`t know what your mechanical skill level is but ,,,you should try soldering it up yourself . All you need is a small handheld propane torch, a wire brush, acid core flux and lead solder ,, Just heat spots up slightly and scrub with wire brush till clean in the spot to fix ,heat again then wipe /pour flux cleaner on surface, then heat just hot enough to melt solder with surface then add lead quickly flow then cool with rag around ( to keep from melting other joints ) ... The only hard part of learning to do it is not over heating it so hot that it melts other joints...

You have to use acid flux and or acid core solder ,,,both if possible.

You can do it ,,, and having a couple radiators laying around you have practice material..

sorry for the semi thread jack..but trust me you can do it..

I braze for a living, so it's the last thing I wanna do in my spare time. Tired of drain, fill, cuss at leak, repeat. No more. Either gonna buy a known good rad, or shave my hood and run the fancy one I got that won't fit lol.

I have one I'll test for ya.

Give me a day or two.

But there is 200 miles between you and I.

LMK.

You still have my number?

Ya, I've got your number still, if it hasn't changed. I know there's quite a few at PnP right now, but I don't wanna pay $65 for a 40 year old radiator... At this rate, if I can't get a nice one soon for fair price, I'm gonna drop a couple hundo on a fancy one. Because racetruck :) It will match my shiny new SU's.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.