who makes this spoiler?

Booger

I have been looking for a rear spoiler for my z and I came across these pictures. Does anyone know who makes this particular spoiler or where I can get one?

Thanks in advance tongue.gif

img9498shakotans30240zy.jpg

img9432yutashakotans302.jpg

I've seen some on eBay, but I'm not sure if its the same. (link below)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/rear-fiberglass-spoiler-/150626833237?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3A240Z&vxp=mtr&hash=item23120f1355#ht_500wt_934

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how hard have you been searching?

thats pretty much the oldest most well known rear spoiler for a Z :rolleyes:

there was a version from the factory even! (fairlady Z 432)

1970-Nissan-Fairlady-Z-432-2.jpg

most commonly known as a BRE spoiler since it was used on all the BRE race 240Z's

bre2_bodypart_240zrearspoiler_lgt.jpg

I've been searching. I have seen some on the internet (ebay link above). I was just curious what kind of spoliers people usually buy (brand wise). I guess I'm saying that I didn't wanna buy a pos haha

Thanks for the information. I've seen the BRE spoiler in some of my searches.

thinking about the carbon fiber one cool.gif

http://www.bre2.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=B&Product_Code=bre_bodyparts_240zrearspoiler

Your in california. Go to Motorsport Auto and pick one up. I don't know where you are in Calif but if local to Orange Co. Hit MSA If not then do like Skib said www.zstore.com MSA's web site and order it......Shit I just gave one away about a month ago.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

BRE spoiler had a height of like 3 inches or something. There were other one-offs. I purchased what I thought was a bre spoiler, cheap off ebay. Turned out I got the one that was 5-5.5 inches tall. I think it looks better sticking up more. Only problem was that it it was a hollow fiberglass piece. i didn't want to glass it onto the body, heard terrible things about that. I wound up filling it with expandable foam, placing wood blocks in it, then putting in these bolts that are wood screw on one end and 3/8" thread or something on the other side. Bolt it to the hatch. I really don't like it though, worrying that the wood may pop out of the foam. I will probably take it apart and glass in bolts, I'm not really sure how to go about it.

Edit: See this. I guess that's the one I have.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/7RSW/50-1606

zl9aut.jpg

33eldva.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

i have one that is identical to the BRE spoiler , wish i could tell you where i got it from but it was put on the car sometime between 1978-1982 long before i was even born! along with fiberglass 1/4 panels, fiberglass front fenders, headlight bezels, and a vented air dam ! bought the entire car from the owners son after he passed away for $800