Wheel & Tyre setup for a 411

Datman74

Just picked up a set of 14 x 6 +10 jellybean alloys for the 411 but looking at them I'm not sure that they are going to fit. I think they were originally off a 240K.

I still need to pick up some longer shank lug nuts to fit them but was wondering if anyone knows if this size wheel will fit?

Any suggestions on what size tyres to run on them if they do?

Thanks guys, any advice is appreciated

Chris

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The wheels will fit. But will the tires that you put on them?

Like erich says, less positive offset will stick out past the fender. Stock offset was probably +25.

But if they hit on the inside, you can always use 10mm spacers with those wheels to tuck them back out. Or use narrow 165 or 175 tires.

Confused? Sounds right to me. More positive offset shifts the wheel towards center of car. Less positive offset shifts it outside. The stock offset usually centers it inside the wheelwell, allowing the widest tire possible.

Guys that fit +10 or Zero offset like it because it has "more dish", but it makes the tires stick out of the fenders.

That makes sense, thanks ggzilla.... The more I look at this I think I might keep these wheels for the 510 and try and get something that sits more flush with the fender for the 411.

14 x 6 with +0 might be easier to get passed for a roadworthy certificate over here. I think they will knock back anything with the tyre outside the fender

In another part of my brain I'm thinking about steelies. Any steelies you guys can recommend that and 4 inches wide? seen a few powdercoated and they look the business

That makes sense, thanks ggzilla.... The more I look at this I think I might keep these wheels for the 510 and try and get something that sits more flush with the fender for the 411.

14 x 6 with +0 might be easier to get passed for a roadworthy certificate over here. I think they will knock back anything with the tyre outside the fender

In another part of my brain I'm thinking about steelies. Any steelies you guys can recommend that and 4 inches wide? seen a few powdercoated and they look the business

The original 411 tyres were 13 x 5 inch, same as the old 1500 cc 310 roadster. Later 311 series [1600c and 2000cc] roadsters upped the diameter to 14 inches. If you can find a set of 14 inch roadster wheels and hub caps I think you would like them on your 411.

Hmmm, sounds like that's what I'm after Mike. The 411 I have is sitting on 13 x 4s and the 410 seems to be wider so I'm assuming it;s on 13 x 5s. Seeing as I will likely be poaching parts from the 410 for the 411 I might swap the wheels over and see how it looks.

In the meantime I will do some digging and see if anyone in the Roadster club has a set of the 14s laying around...

Thanks for the info and patience guys, I'm on the learning curve now, shouldn't be long before I know a little bit more about what I'm talking about biggrin.gif

Found these lurking around the garage. from what I can tell only one of these is an original 411 and the smaller center cap kind of looks like a roadster type.....trouble is I only have 2....the pic below is against the wheels I have on the 410 at the moment. They measure 14 inches which surprised the heck out of me .... might get lucky here and not need to chase anything other than a couple of center caps biggrin.gif

P1030743.jpg

P1030742.jpg

Found these lurking around the garage. from what I can tell only one of these is an original 411 and the smaller center cap kind of looks like a roadster type.....trouble is I only have 2....the pic below is against the wheels I have on the 410 at the moment. They measure 14 inches which surprised the heck out of me .... might get lucky here and not need to chase anything other than a couple of center caps biggrin.gif

P1030743.jpg

P1030742.jpg

The left hub cap is the Roadster type. The right wheel cover is the standard 13 inch circumferential slotted P411 and PL411 cover, the 13 inch full wheel cover 1500 roadster and 411 Super Sport Sedan type was optional at the dealer in the USA on the PL version, the RL version came with the "port holes" as standard, don't know what options were available in Oz. The 411 wheels came with the clips for the small hub caps regardless of which wheel cover or hub cap the car came with.