Fuel pump problems!!!

b1200

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I put a 1981 200sx engine in my 1200 coupe and it was fuel injected and I need to know if I can put a 1981 720 fuel pump on because I'm making the engine carburated

Yes you will need the fuel pump eccentric mounted between the cam sprocket and the cam retainer bolt and remove the blockoff plate.

Or do you mean the 720 electric fuel pump? Either will work.

You will need the intake from a Z20 or Z22 720 or an '80-'81 A10 (HL510) and a carb from any L20B should work.

Yes you will need the fuel pump eccentric mounted between the cam sprocket and the cam retainer bolt and remove the block-off plate.

Then any L series or even the Z series mechanical fuel pump will bolt on. Don't forget the Phenolic plastic spacer between the pump and head plus the two gaskets.

You will need the intake from a Z20 or Z22 720 or an '80-'81 A10 (HL510) and a carb from any L20B should work.

Z 20 carbs will also work, like from the HL510. If you have the Z20E throttle cable, it's long enough to work and is a cable like the 1200. Otherwise get one from a Z engine 720.

I put a 1981 200sx engine in my 1200 coupe and it was fuel injected and I need to know if I can put a 1981 720 fuel pump on because I'm making the engine carburated

My brother who gave me the car said it is a z22 and how do you post a pic

You said '81 and they had a Z20E. Now you say Z22. Not criticizing here, but suggestions are only as good as the info supplied.

The carb will need to match the engine size. So now we must verify the engine size..... Take a look under the #2 spark plug on the driver's side. The engine size is stamped there.

It's on the square raised boss in the picture below.

ZengineID.jpg

You said '81 and they had a Z20E. Now you say Z22. Not criticizing here, but suggestions are only as good as the info supplied.

The carb will need to match the engine size. So now we must verify the engine size..... Take a look under the #2 spark plug on the driver's side. The engine size is stamped there.

It's on the square raised boss in the picture below.

ZengineID.jpg

the spark plugs are on the passenger side