A 12 motor

Complete A12 motor. I bought it for the 5 speed attached to it. Will sell motor only for $225. Not interested in parting with the 5 speed unless you make me a very good offer for everything. Thanks

Mike

aka exit64

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rally,

Motor is complete, EI dizzy, carb, the whole nine yards and runs to boot. Red Banner knows this motor and claims it snorts. I have not run it at all but it turns over freely. Are you coming back to the mainland any time soon? Shipping to Maui is going to be pricey but can be arranged if needed. I will be in Wailuku March 12-28th with a side trip to the Big Island. I will PM you my ph #so we can meet up.

Mike

aka exit64

Yeah I can deffinately head over your way. You must have family here? I'm not really interested in the whole motor.. Well I would have been because a spare would be nice but I really only need the carb set up. Im not sure if you are willing to sell just a carb or not though just inquiring about one to get my 210 driving

Oops, no carb on this one, just the IE dizzy. I guess Red Banner made off with the one with the carb on it. Doh! :o So the price is $200 now. Sorry about that. Too many motors taking up space will do that, they all start to blend together.

I didnt get the carb, I put the valvecover back onit and smashed home (oregon city, beaver creek road)

It has motor mounts that fit b210 as thats what it was in, so pan and pickup too I imagine, the trans is a 63a b210 5speed.

It shifted great, and the motor pulled hard, dont know about internals and I dont know if anyone installed it or where and how its ben cared for and what not, but 3-1/2 years ago it ran, valve cover gasket was dumping hard as it was just sitting ther not bolted on when i got the car. The b210 Had ben sitting for who knows how long but it was vin#ed as an auto, someone swapped the 1200 and 5speed and coil overs and recurved springs, had some trick stuff done to it, done well with verry few exeptions

I never checked compression, I just drove it the 50 mile from beaver creek to my house, pulled the motor all indy style.

Sold it (motor and trans ) going on 2 years ago. To ron1200, I dont know if you got it from him or another owner inbetween?

Thats what i know glws

Oh dizzy was remote box style

I didnt get the carb, I put the valvecover back onit and smashed home (oregon city, beaver creek road)

It has motor mounts that fit b210 as thats what it was in, so pan and pickup too I imagine, the trans is a 63a b210 5speed.

It shifted great, and the motor pulled hard, dont know about internals and I dont know if anyone installed it or where and how its ben cared for and what not, but 3-1/2 years ago it ran, valve cover gasket was dumping hard as it was just sitting ther not bolted on when i got the car. The b210 Had ben sitting for who knows how long but it was vin#ed as an auto, someone swapped the 1200 and 5speed and coil overs and recurved springs, had some trick stuff done to it, done well with verry few exeptions

I never checked compression, I just drove it the 50 mile from beaver creek to my house, pulled the motor all indy style.

Sold it (motor and trans ) going on 2 years ago. To ron1200, I dont know if you got it from him or another owner inbetween?

Thats what i know glws

Oh dizzy was remote box style

To add to the history of this motor...

Purchased from Redbanner... Kept my shop (inside)... until I sold it to Exit64 as a package with the 5-speed and long tube headers. I never ran the engine. Decided to get rid of my 1200 stuff when I went 620. I remember a comment RedB made when I bought it... "this engine has some NUTZ". I thought it was creatively descriptive... :)

I had put the serial number on Datsun1200.com a while back and the consensus was that it may have been a Japanese crate motor... not say'n it was... just that that would explain how it found it's way into a B210. If it is a crate motor, it might have a JDM closed chamber head. Per Ggzilla, a closed chamber is good for 1 hp improvement over open chamber head. Don't know for sure as I never removed the head.

A lot of 'what if's'... I know.

Here is a granny pic of the motor, headers and dog leg 5-spd I sold to Exit64

EngineTrans.jpg

That's what I knows... GLWS

Yes it did, it was realy dirty, I could tell it wasnt right (per b210) but the ride home I thought it must be an a15, I told mike it had somthing going on too. Who ever ends up with it, id still like to kniw ehat the cam profile is, and the head desighn or mods, I did peek in a plug hole to peek at the pistons , look stock but its hard to tell.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.