Disc Brakes

Boaty

So, I'm new to the whole 620 thing being a 510 guy and all, and had some questions. If a guy asked me a 510 question I'd have the answer, but I've never dealt with a 620 before so this is all greek.

Searching for the answer didn't exactly help me out any, and I don't see any specific write-up on the subject.

What exactly does it take to convert front drum brakes to front disc?

I know somebody on here makes brackets to convert the drum setup to use rotors and such, but can you swap in the entire spindle assembles and such from a disc brake truck onto a drum brake truck? What are the specifics in doing that?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oye.

I did search Google.

And I did search Ratsun.

I just didn't think to search Ratsun from Google...

Either way, think some updated pictures should be in the list of things to-do. Some pictures are missing.. I see a picture of the brackets, lol.

Not sure which way i would want to go, honestly. The brackets would allow me to run a franken brake setup, which is good and all. I just figured there would be some sort of easier way to adapt the Disc brakes from the next model year, without having to go batshit crazy with a welder, etc. None of the pictures loaded for me from Bee's thread... and some threads are referenced but not linked? The funny thing is, I searched the exact same as what bleach posted, but without Ratsun. Amazing how the R shows an entirely different set of results than the D... It's a shame how much work is involved. And it's worse that they loaded disc brakes on all their cars, but decided to skip the truck? I wonder what Nissan's theory behind that trick was... or like straight axle Mexican 510's with 4 wheel drums. Weird.

And it is strange that IPB doesn't search with the same results as Google... other IPB's I've used and administrated never had that issue, but then again I'm pretty sure the DB for Ratsun is huge by now, and probably contributes to that.