option bed line

JCR

I will soon start body work on my datsun bed and are noticing that about half the people fill in the body line where the bed floor and the 2 panels in front of the rear wheels meet

and half the people leave the joint in the bed

I know it might look smoother w/o the joint

i know that i want ot keep the hooks in my option it is almost a sin to dehook the bed of a classic

but i have thought to make body work easier i would loose the joint

options?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with what you said about dehooking. I recently bought a crap bed with hooks just to cut them out and weld them onto my good bed that someone dehooked prior to me owning I am keeping my bed stock looking as far as filling in the seem it my look good smoothed but not factory

yeah bed hooks are nice....but it does get annoying tearing jackets or shirts on the hooks dry.gif, i removed my hooks.

but yes as for the lower joint line on the bed, i tend to like that line filled (but thats my own oppinion)... my trucks p.o. used body filler (chipped and fell out)... when that happened i stacked tack welds and then grounded them flat..

I'm not a purist in any way, I'll mod the hell of any body. I cut off the hooks and weld in a piece of steel that mimics the curve bullet of the doors and cab. Weld all seams solid, no stich. Water seeping through is a big problem and will destroy your bodywork