Even Lower

monk

Has anybody ventured into adding to the shock mounts in the front so as to let the shocks extend then moving the bump stops up so one can crank the front end down even more.

Also how about moving the spring mounts inboard of the frame in the rear to get that down some more....

Oh yea. This is on a 620.

Monk.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2eDeYe' date='01 February 2012 - 11:16 AM' timestamp='1328123802' post='624881']

Yep, I am extending my shock mounts 2". If I wasn't such a slacker I would probably be done by now :lol:

What do you plan on doing to the front shock mounts to extend the upper mount. I was thinking of welding a pipe with a cap and cutting out the top of the stock mount which would let the shock extend....

2eDeYe' date='01 February 2012 - 12:58 PM' timestamp='1328129912' post='624947']

I am using some 1.5 x 1.5 x .188 stl angle I got from the local steel supplier.

IMG_1168.jpg

More pics of how I cut the towers are in my build thread.

Thanks!! I finally found the thread. I was thinking of cutting like you did but useing a piece of pipe instead of angle....

Jurry is still out........

I had planned to use some bent 3/16 plate for the extensions but could not get a consistent bend with my current tooling.

I picked up that angle to use to make the cut when I got the 3/16 plate and it ended up working perfect for the extensions

With the angle I was able to keep the sawsall blade flat on the leg of the angle. It made for a pretty nice straight cut.

The right angle matches the cut portions of the tower almost perfectly.

IMG_1161.jpg

2eDeYe' date='01 February 2012 - 01:17 PM' timestamp='1328131039' post='624963']

I had planned to use some bent 3/16 plate for the extensions but could not get a consistent bend with my current tooling.

I picked up that angle to use to make the cut when I got the 3/16 plate and it ended up working perfect for the extensions

With the angle I was able to keep the sawsall blade flat on the leg of the angle. It made for a pretty nice straight cut.

The right angle matches the cut portions of the tower almost perfectly.

IMG_1161.jpg

Yea. the way you did it seems to be the most economical way. You mentioned a fixture to weld it together....do you have a pic of it?

Haven't got there yet. Not sure if it will work the way I planned either, almost never seems to for some reason. :lol:

I will continue to take pics and post up along the way. I will try to remember to update this thread when I get them welded up.

2eDeYe' date='05 February 2012 - 04:53 PM' timestamp='1328489585' post='627597']

Got some work done today. Pics tell the story.

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

Looks good! Don't see any reason why that wont work. Thanks Man!!!!