Help me help a friend who just lost everything in a home fire

Hey guys I don’t normally post this kind of thing anywhere but I really feel like I need to do what I can to help out a friend. Nikki is a terrific person, talented artist, and a very good friend of my wife and I. She has helped me out in the past with the designing of some stickers I wanted made and is a huge help to my wife in her hobbies.

Early this morning her house caught fire and she was unable to make it down the stairs since the home was already engulfed with flames, she had to make her escape out on the roof with the help of a quick thinking neighbor. She was taken to the hosptial for smoke inhalation but unfortunately for her multiple pets, they didn't make it out. I as a pet owner feel terrible knowing her loved small animals perished in a fire. I may not be a cat person but no animal deserves to go out that way.

You can read and see a picture of her home here: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/01/woman_helps_neighbor_escape_fi.html

Anyway our friend has no money to fall back on after this terrible life altering accident. She got used to taking cold showers because she hasn’t had a water heater in years (nor could afford one), then last year she was downgraded at work to a part time position, so she has no medical benefits, and lastly she doesn’t have homeowners insurance so this fire literally destroyed everything she had, loved, and cared about. She may be on the opposite side of the country as the wife and I but it still affects us as if she were our neighbor.

I understand this isn’t Ratsun related but I hate seeing good people have to go through so much by themselves while feeling alone. If you guys can spare any change (literally) I know it will help her and I would be ever greatful. I tried this in the past with another one of our fellow Ratsun members when they were in need to see thier injured son, so I'm doing the same thing.

I’ll donate ALL my profits of my Ratsun decals and Ratsun T-shirts sales toward helping her. So if you guys/gals can help and get something cool for yourself or your Datto in return, please just click on my Ratsun decal and/or Ratsun T-shirt link in my signature. Please make a note that this is to help my friend Nikki. I will be sure to send you out a decal right away. Oh and there's also a page my wife started for donations with much the same info I provided.

Thanks a lot you guys!

Mario

Link to news story: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/01/woman_helps_neighbor_escape_fi.html

Link to Decal Thread: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/13024-ratsun-rat-n-wrenches-decal-part-ii-new/ or just paypal me (as a gift) $6 to speedracermg@gmail.com and please indicate which color Ratsun decal you want: I have black, white, grey, red, orange, light blue, dark blue, navy blue, purple, yellow, gold

Ratsun T Shirts: http://www.202015.spreadshirt.com/

Link to regular donations: https://www.wepay.com/donations/nikkicutro

• Like 4
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man and this guy was a veteran and he still suffered injuries. I'm glad Nikki didn't have to jump...she's tiny at 4'3"(ish). I pray your friend is healing and will be well soon. Our friend unfortunatly doesn't have that small luxury of having her family there to help her out, her parents passed a long time ago. All she had was her love of art and her pets to keep her going. Thanks again!

Makes me wish I had money, I'd donate all I could. Unfortunately, I gotta fart in my pocket to get a "cent" right now. :( the best I can do is keep her in my prayers

Prayers are much apprecited too! Thanks!

Oh man and this guy was a veteran and he still suffered injuries. I'm glad Nikki didn't have to jump...she's tiny at 4'3"(ish). I pray your friend is healing and will be well soon. Our friend unfortunatly doesn't have that small luxury of having her family there to help her out, her parents passed a long time ago. All she had was her love of art and her pets to keep her going. Thanks again!

hes still in the burn unit but he should make a full recovery - keep up the good work for your friend

Can you do the shirts in a XXL Tall or XXXL? XXL tend to shrink a little. Then again, if I'd get off my ass and work out, this wouldn't be a problem. :)

Would you be able to make a bandaid sticker? I have a dent in my fender from the neighbor backing into it that I've been thinking putting a big sticker over for the moment.

Give me a heads up, I have some money I can throw you one way or another.

Can you do the shirts in a XXL Tall or XXXL? XXL tend to shrink a little. Then again, if I'd get off my ass and work out, this wouldn't be a problem. :)

Would you be able to make a bandaid sticker? I have a dent in my fender from the neighbor backing into it that I've been thinking putting a big sticker over for the moment.

Give me a heads up, I have some money I can throw you one way or another.

I'll see what I can do for you! Thanks.

Emptytank and Jennifer: Thank you two VERY much!