l20b wont start..(mikuni carbs)

Stef

Hey guys so im trying to start the girl and shes getting spark and fuel pump is working and i get fuel all the way up to the carbs but the carbs dont put out fuel...im new to the carb situation lol and my timing advance is plugged (thats how it came) and i have 4 vacuume plugs..2 on each carb..do i plug those? Idk anything will help

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have 4 vacuume plugs..2 on each carb..do i plug those? Idk anything will help

What does this mean????????? If you have a mikuni manifold there is 4 holes near where it bolts to the head. Yes those should be plugged. Otherwise how its going to suck air thru the carb. But no 4 vaccum on the carb its self.(Maybe one if you have a 40mm that would go to the distributor. 44s dont have any so time the dizzy to say 12-15 for starters.

Those four holes in the manifold usually go to a In line PCV valve But I never use them.I have a TOYOTA 20R manifold that has this. Thats How I know. But my 510 has this manifold and they just plugged

Make sure the jet block are screwed in all the way. Only way to ck is opne the top cover and see if they are screw down with a screw driver. Physically ck.

Cyles the linkage and see or hear if you see gas squirt in. If yes then the car should fire if its timmed right

download yourself this here handy mikuni manual...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/60490072/Mikuni-PHH-Service-Manual

Off the top of my head if the car ran on these carbs before, you have spark and fuel going to the carbs, check and make sure the choke works or that both chokes are on or off, then see how far down the pilot air screws are screwed, and make sure they're all the same (count the # of turns til it bottoms out (carefully! don't over-turn it) should be 1.5 to 2 turns from bottom if i remember correctly, but read the manual i could be way off!

Next i'd pull the cover and have a look at the jets and document exactly what size jets are in it. Write down the numbers on all the jets. The "jet blocks" have a fuel jet and an air jet in em. The there are also pilot jets separate. Now have a look in the bowl after you pop the whole tops of. Got fuel in there? any junk? heavily varnished old gas? now inspect the floats do they float? don't bend em. check and make sure you have fuel in there and the needle valve moves freely to let fuel into the bowl.

That's a start. read the manual though.

might also need to get one of these jobbys to make sure your carbs are in sync

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?pq=carb+sync+tool&hl=en&sugexp=pfwl&tok=eVga0w5u-kuqF-hOk7HfGA&ds=pr&cp=11&gs_id=1rq&xhr=t&q=unisyn+carb&biw=1238&bih=765&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=14044949672482831735&sa=X&ei=IAEaT4LqCIznggfLyeGBDA&sqi=2&ved=0CFcQ8wIwAQ