Controlled Rust

rusty280

I was hoping to do a design or write in rust on the side of my 280zx. The car is black now but Im trying to get it looking even more ratty. I'm trying to figure out how to do a controlled rust design, I need to figure out the best idea to start the rust process and how to contain where it is so I can make the design and how to get it to stop rusting when it has been achieved any ideas? I was thinking about aircraft remover and painters tape

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

theres no such thing as controlled rust..

rust never sleeps, and if you start it, your gonna pose yourself a pain in the ass when you or someone else tries to fix it...

pro tip... google rust paint.. or check out the current pages of the "Lowla Useta" thread of indy's..

Don't be a poser. If your car is rusty, you can either A ) rock it. B ) fix it. I don't understand the whole, try to make-my-decent-car-look-like-shit-on -purpose fad that's been going around. I understand if your car is rusty from the get-go, but what you're proposing is like a super-model having cancer cells surgically implanted in her face.

• Like 5

Don't be a poser. If your car is rusty, you can either A ) rock it. B ) fix it. I don't understand the whole, try to make-my-decent-car-look-like-shit-on -purpose fad that's been going around. I understand if your car is rusty from the get-go, but what you're proposing is like a super-model having cancer cells surgically implanted in her face.

That is probably the most awesome thing I've ever read. I thank you for that.

Alright...

Heres the deal. You take the paint off the hood, and get it wet. Metal will rust.. Now, it hasn't rusted through, YET. It all depends on your location/climate etc on how fast it will rust. The more moisture/salt etc will make it rust faster. Just because their hood hasn't rusted through in those pictures, doesn't mean it wont. That is probably a week or two after its been put on there. You might be able to use a clear coat over it to slow it down. You being over in Ohio, your car is probably already a rusted piece of shit anyways. Good luck on your venture.

I am usually an anti poser rust guy, but the way Indy is doing it is interesting to me. A special paint. Rather than sanding down to metal and spring it rust. And in this instance, doing a logo or some thing in the rustpaint it a pretty neat notion.

• Like 1

I am usually an anti poser rust guy, but the way Indy is doing it is interesting to me. A special paint. Rather than sanding down to metal and spring it rust. And in this instance, doing a logo or some thing in the rustpaint it a pretty neat notion.

who is indy? would like to find out more about this paint

who is indy? would like to find out more about this paint

He who slameth the Datsuns and taketh the pictures so supply the sea of picwhores adrift in rusted goodness.

Indy