Japan Trip

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize this is a pipe dream, and I am not sure exactly what you are going after, new or used, I am assuming new though. The NL320 community sure could use NL320 specific parts, such as the NL taillight bezels, buckets and lenses, also on the list would be the rear bumper, the two pieces of NL320 door and box side trim, and the two pieces of exterior metal below the taillight bezels, in the photo below.

DSCN0332.jpg

DSCN0329.jpg

Just in back of the doors on the rear corners of the cab there are these.

DSCN0328.jpg

DSCN0327.jpg

The tailight bezels can have the chrome rib in the middle or not, here is a photo of the bezels, the taillight lenses can be solid red or dual color like the photo below.

DSCN0503-1.jpg

This is a photo of the 1964 NL320 side trim shape, the doors and back box side pieces are NL specific, but if complete sets could be found, great.

DSCN0637.jpg

You ask how many do I need, I say how many can you get of these items.

I realize that this type of thing might not be why you are going over there, and if that is a correct assumption, ignore this post. Thankyou for your time. wayno

where in Japan are you going? There's a junkyard in Nagoya that has some body parts for my cedric that i need... I was in japan 2 weeks ago for 2 weeks if you need some ideas, but it sounds like you've been before.

Guys, be aware that vintage parts in Japan aren't always cheap... i found a set of 13x7 libres for sale with vintage goodyear tread for $1400... USD and the 1/43 diecast of my 65 nissan cedric was for sale at a shop for $800 US MORE than I paid for a real complete Running CAR! S12-14 used bits from Upgarage etc, aren't bad, but old stuff is crazy sometimes.

As for NL320 lights and stuff like that, very rare and very expensive... as shitty as this sounds, it's still likely easier to find here than there as space is so limited that marginal/oddball stuff is just not saved.

that 3 dollar sticker comparable to what you get here is usually a 12 dollar sticker there.

Wayno, I was also pretty surprised to see cars and trucks in the Museums that had lenses and bezels that were very much "ratsun-like" lots of spider cracks and pitted chrome/pot metal. Never saw a single NL320 in Japan... and I visited the top collections of cars. BY copntrast I saw about 10 standard 320's and a lots of 220's and 521's... never ever saw a 620. You gotta remember that these were big export market trucks... most of them actually went overseas as Japan was using mostly Kei trucks plus 1 tons by the late 60's.

Merlin

Wayno, I was also pretty surprised to see cars and trucks in the Museums that had lenses and bezels that were very much "ratsun-like" lots of spider cracks and pitted chrome/pot metal. Never saw a single NL320 in Japan... and I visited the top collections of cars. BY copntrast I saw about 10 standard 320's and a lots of 220's and 521's... never ever saw a 620. You gotta remember that these were big export market trucks... most of them actually went overseas as Japan was using mostly Kei trucks plus 1 tons by the late 60's.

Merlin

I had to throw it out there, I actually don't expect any results.

• 2 months later...

I realize this is a pipe dream, and I am not sure exactly what you are going after, new or used, I am assuming new though. The NL320 community sure could use NL320 specific parts, such as the NL taillight bezels, buckets and lenses, also on the list would be the rear bumper, the two pieces of NL320 door and box side trim, and the two pieces of exterior metal below the taillight bezels, in the photo below.

DSCN0332.jpg

DSCN0329.jpg

Just in back of the doors on the rear corners of the cab there are these.

DSCN0328.jpg

DSCN0327.jpg

The tailight bezels can have the chrome rib in the middle or not, here is a photo of the bezels, the taillight lenses can be solid red or dual color like the photo below.

DSCN0503-1.jpg

This is a photo of the 1964 NL320 side trim shape, the doors and back box side pieces are NL specific, but if complete sets could be found, great.

DSCN0637.jpg

You ask how many do I need, I say how many can you get of these items.

I realize that this type of thing might not be why you are going over there, and if that is a correct assumption, ignore this post. Thankyou for your time. wayno

I have been threw my messages several times now, I posted this reply in this thread and had someone PM me about maybe being able to make the metal pieces above, I would like to talk to the member about this subject, could you please contact me again. wayno