Who has a KA24DE swap?

How many people have done a KA24DE swap in, well anything? Are you running a VSS sensor, or did you convert back to cable? If your running a cable, does your ECU throw a VSS code, and wont let it rev past IDK 3-3500 rpm in fifth gear due to not reading speed? My truck does, and I am trying to find an answer how to bypass it to get the full potential outta my motor, right now, with the 3.77 gears it tops out at 83 MPH, If i down shift to 4th, it will rev n keep pulling, but shift back to fifth, and the engine will slowly lose RPMs till it hold steady at 3K, and never let off the go pedal, down shift, it will rev back out, and shift again, and same thing, and its not a drivetrain issue, tranny fresh rebuilt, and rear too, brakes arent binding, its electrical...Got me stumped

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am running an auto ecu, all i have hooked up is reverse lights, its strange, i got an 02 sensor code, a knock code, and a VSS code, change the 02, it fixed the knock, and now it seems the VSS code disappeared for a code 54 and says there is a problem with signal to A/T control module, but yet it still wont rev past 3K in fifth gear

The only thing i can think of, is that my cams are put in backward, that and im un sure on which cams i used when i put it together, me and my buddy bud light were fighting that night, n migta gotta fukkered up a lil but, its kinda like its got a power band at about 2k, and will NOT spin a tire for shit, but gets insane fuel economy, i was driving 136 miles round trip for work, and it was averaging 40 41 mpg, but 83mph tops, but 40 mpg @ 80, i dunno if i wanna change it LOL

Well see, thats what i dont get, I have had a few 240's, all three were DE, and would rock on 140mph, I dont know if its the fact that im running a 3.77 rear gear, I would think not, 240's stock are 4.08, other than that, I have EGR blocked off, and IAC delete, cause the secondary sensor for cold start is stuck open and it idles really high unless its plugged off, Its got the brian crower crank, manley rods, CP pistons, stainless 1mm oversized valves, 3 angle valve grind, portd and polish, ported intake, upper and lower, and a Q45 throttle body and MAF, I have it tuned to run SR 370cc injectors, Even with a AUTO daughterboard ECU, it still a VSS code, it even did this when the first motor was bone stock, seeing my 620 weighs alot less than a 240, a 3.77 gear wouldnt hurt it, even with the 240 tranny, and the harness is wired as per direction of the page off here of how to wire a KA/CA/SR into anything, only thing i can think is that its in w.e. cams i have in it, like i said budlight was helping me finish up the top end, I have random pairs of cams, so idk if i got em backward or not, maybe somebody has some install pics, but i do know that i can tell you at TDC on cyl 1, the cam lobes are even with the lip of the head, all timing marks are spot on, but I have a feeling that the cames are not correct, its rough to pull till 2K then it takes off, but interstate hauling, 5th winds out at 3K down shift to fouth, it will wind up to 4500-5k, back to fifth and never let off the gas, it creeps back down to 3k and holds.....IDK right now its parked due to truck harness wiring issues, i might pull then cover and check my cams, anyone got stock cam installed pics as in like lobe postion?

Ill try n get some pics up tomorrow if i get it tore down, the center of the cam lobes are even to the lip of the head to valve cover, so like the intake would be at appx. 9 oclock, and ext at 3 o clock, does that seem wrong? it idles perfect, and runs "good" except the issue