SRT4 - FS or trade

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, so this is also kind've my intro thread. But, I would love a Datsun 510. I just have a love for the off the wall cars, and the fact these are RWD, its just perfect for me, haha.

But, what I have here for sale or trade is a 2004 Dodge Neon SRT4. To start, I'm asking $3500 or a trade for a decent 510 (whichever body), preferably running (basically, weekend driver status). I'm not worried about paint, etc.

Anyway, the reason the price on the SRT4 is so low is that I recently had the rear end spin out in the rain and I ran into a curb. It pushed the bottom of the radiator support in and crushed the intercooler, and broke the a/c lines into the condensor, and all the antifreeze leaked out. Now, I don't know if the rad is cracked or if it just pulled the hose off as it is flat, but, there's not much coolant in the system.

I drove the car home, other than not making boost (intercooler is no longer connected), it still ran great and drove straight. Insurance came out and appraised the repairs, etc, but, my $1000 deductible killed me on this one, so, I'm just wanting to sell it as is. The car still has a clean (not rebuilt/reconstructed) title, but, it needs fixed to be driven. Really, only the intercooler and whatever caused the antifreeze to leak out are what needs replaced. But, it needs the rad support pulled and the front bumper either repaired or replaced to be right again.

As far as the the specs:

Car is stock besides 3" exhaust, a 1G DSM BOV, airbox delete, the broken big front mount intercooler, and coilover sleeves (all of which were on the car before I bought it). Ran/runs excellent with 130xxx miles. Just drove it to Florida and back over Thanksgiving and it did the trip beautifully.

The flaws, other than the obvious accident damage are, the paint is about a 7/10 (car is originally from Florida up until June of 2011), the driver's seat has minor wear on the bolsters, and the sunroof could use some lubrication or service.

Other than that, the car is/has been good. Passenger's side axle was just replaced due to a torn boot, and the HVLD was replaced to turn off the common Neon P0440 evap code.

Not really too much more to say about it. Has a Chrysler HD radio CD/Cass with a slave 4 CD changer in it with the stock sound system which actually sounds very good for a stock no frills stereo.

I guess the usual, like tires and such, they are at about half life, and are a very sticky tire. I've put 10k miles on the car in my ownership, and they were on it when I got it, so, not sure how long they've been on there. But, good tires. All oil changes have always been Mobil 1 according to the previous owner and under my ownership...

I really can't think of too much more to add. If I do I'll add it. But, in short, a black 2004 SRT4 for either $3500 or trade for a decent 510. Let me know what you have, never know.

You can either PM me here, or call/text me at 717-688-0284. The car is located in Hanover, PA.

And, here's some pictures and one of the damage. The roof rack was before my trip to FL since I needed to bring my stuff back up from there.

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

DSC08707.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC08717.jpg

DSC08723.jpg

DSC08727.jpg

DSC08726.jpg

DSC08724.jpg

DSC08725.jpg

InteriorShot.jpg

And for one of the damage. I have the other nostril piece and fog light surround. I just removed them so they didn't fall off.

DSC08767.jpg

Thanks for looking. Let me know what you have :)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome! Much luck in the hunt. I know how hard it is on the East coast. They just don't come up around these parts too often. And if they do they are almost always non running projects.

Might be hard to get a Datsun guy to trade for a Dodge, but I can't blame you for trying one bit.

Prepare to travel or ship.

If I were you I'd try to snag this one somehow! Beg, borrow, whatever it takes!

Datsun 510 PA

There is also a stocker that looks solid in NJ CL. A yellow/orange one, that might be road worthy with a weekend of work.

My link

4door SR in Jersey

SR 510 Jersey

Welcome! Much luck in the hunt. I know how hard it is on the East coast. They just don't come up around these parts too often. And if they do they are almost always non running projects.

Might be hard to get a Datsun guy to trade for a Dodge, but I can't blame you for trying one bit.

Prepare to travel or ship.

If I were you I'd try to snag this one somehow! Beg, borrow, whatever it takes!

Datsun 510 PA

There is also a stocker that looks solid in NJ CL. A yellow/orange one, that might be road worthy with a weekend of work.

My link

4door SR in Jersey

SR 510 Jersey

Thanks for the warm welcome! And, yes, its difficult over here, there's only a few near me. I lost out on a near mint wagon with only a little rust for $1200, but, what can you do...haha. And, I'd consider a not running car as long as the body was fairly nice.

And...I'm a Dodge guy, always have been, always will be. Out of the 12 cars I've owned, only my Mazda RX7 wasn't a Chrysler product...haha. But, I have a love for the old Datsuns. They're just simply neat, idk. I'd really like to get one and slowly get it to DD status. But, going the opposite way, not sure if a Datsun guy would consider it. I do know I had a 240 driver looking at it though, so, maybe a chance. :P

And, I saw that one in Reading, PA...I was actually going to call the guy today. Lol.

You sure know how to take good pictures! I hated these cars until i saw this thread... GLWScool.gif

Hahaha...thanks. I try. I'd love to have a Datsun to take some pictures of :)

Oh you decided to come over the Ratsun Forum from Tubo Mopar, you have chosen wisely...

Yes.............................how did you know that? Are you a double agent? Lol. Still on Turbo-Mopar though. I have an Omni GLH :)

And, just saying, I went and looked at that blue 510 in Reading, PA today. OMG! That thing was clean. It has a trans issue, but, I'd be putting a manual in it anyway. Tapped quite loud, but, he said its been sitting awhile and hasn't started in about 2 months. So...I have a feeling the lifters weren't pumped up yet.

Seeing what I can do about that one...if someone buys the SRT4 :)

Hahaha...thanks. I try. I'd love to have a Datsun to take some pictures of :)

Yes.............................how did you know that? Are you a double agent? Lol. Still on Turbo-Mopar though. I have an Omni GLH :)

And, just saying, I went and looked at that blue 510 in Reading, PA today. OMG! That thing was clean. It has a trans issue, but, I'd be putting a manual in it anyway. Tapped quite loud, but, he said its been sitting awhile and hasn't started in about 2 months. So...I have a feeling the lifters weren't pumped up yet.

Seeing what I can do about that one...if someone buys the SRT4 :)

Nice! Glad you went to check that blue one out! Been wondering about it. You rarely see them that clean east of the Mississippi.

Hope it works out, then you can document the auto to stick swap in your build thread!

Heh, and Datsuns are known for that tap,tap,tap sound.

Yes...it was very mint and at a good price. He actually restored it. The wheel wells were smooth and painted...lol The engine was clean as could be, no rust anywhere. Just some pitting chrome and the fact it was an auto...hahaha. And the fact it was in a bad area of Reading. I've never been in that side and it was a little scary, but...I made it in and out just fine. Lol

And, I've seen some of those cars before. Nice! Love all the L-bodies! And the Daytona...haha

And, hey now...nothing wrong with a Dodge Omni GLH :)

You may have seen this car before :) I still have it with a complete GLHS swap ready to go in. It'll be painted within the coming weeks...primered by the end of this week.

DSC06957sharp.jpg

Is that like an 87 colt turbo? I have an 89 Suzuki swift gti. If I remember, the dodge was made by Suzuki too? Was it a 3banger? Love the way it looks right now! Though a grill and the other headlight would be a nice addition. :)

Is that like an 87 colt turbo? I have an 89 Suzuki swift gti. If I remember, the dodge was made by Suzuki too? Was it a 3banger? Love the way it looks right now! Though a grill and the other headlight would be a nice addition. :)

Haha...nah. The Omni is all Dodge, though at the start of their lives (1978-1981?) they had VW motors. Then they went to the almighty 2.2L :P Sunbeam used similar dyes to make a 2 door RWD version. They were actually originally designed to be RWD, but, due to the gas crisis and the FWD boom of the 80s...they changed their minds.

My GLH (Goes Like Hell) originally had a 10.5:1 carbed 2.2L, but, I got a turbo GLHS (Goes Like Hell Some'more) motor with 200hp/225tq at 14psi. So, ought to be fun. Its ugly, but, thats why I like it...hahaha. Supposedly the motor I got ran a 14.0 on street tires in the GLHS its originally from. With slicks, that would drop considerably...maybe even to a 13.5 if it would hook up at all.

EDIT: And the grille and such is out for paint.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.