Whats up?pcv?s

datsunfish

Hey guys.Its Datsunfish from the nwde forum.Thought I would check into this forum for a bit.

Does anybody know an easy way to mount a l20b pcv pipe to a l18 block.The l20b one is smaller at the block side and angles off to avoid the exhaust.If I can do this I can put a matching round port header for the w58.It is shorter and I can route the pipe to avoid the tortion bracket so I can lower it more.

We slammed the front when I first lowered it and it sat high on the d/s.The long tube header routes the pipe directly under it.Straight back and 2 1/4 inch.Not to worry it has a nicely restrictive muffler on it to compensate being to big of pipe.And I have a peanut w58 I can put on after I get it surfaced.I really need to lower it more.It is 2" in the back and 2" in front.It needs like 3 or 4" in the front.

I am thinking strongly about fixing up the 620 and selling it to invest in a 510 project.Cuss me out all you want but,I have never been obsessed with the 620,just the 521 and now I cant sleep at night without dreaming of a 510.I have to have one!!!If not a 510 a NL or 411.we'll see.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking strongly about fixing up the 620 and selling it to invest in a 510 project. Cuss me out all you want but,I have never been obsessed with the 620,just the 521 and now I cant sleep at night without dreaming of a 510.I have to have one!!!If not a 510 a NL or 411.we'll see.

I think its a great idea, I love 510's there is just something about the way they drive, unibody is the best to work on (well besides rust) If your used to the 620 or 521 prepare to be dazzled, no frame or torsion bars in the way. I love getting thumbs up every 10 minutes to is great. Keep your eye on craigs list maybe post a few want adds. Remember a fridge magnet!! Don't learn the hard way like I did :(

The reason the L20B one looks so good is that it comes out of the top of the baffle and not the side like the L16 (L18 similar?) Even if you could fit it in the side, it might still hit the back side of the pipes. Can you slide an oil resistant (neoprene) sleeve on to the L20B pipe end, and press it into the larger L18 hole? Like a piece of thin wall hose, but fits snugly into there. Neoprene 'O' rings come in different sizes and thicknesses, several should keep it from wriggling. Just take your pipe with you and slip some rubber over the end. lol

So yeah.as usual I was wrong in describing stuff.As in the difference between the l20b and 16&18 pcv port.The L20b has a horizontal opening while the 16&18 is straight out from the side for the pipe.I could weld something up to work but I might as well just put on a square port head.

But this still leaves me to where I cant lower it any further.It took alot of work getting the exhaust right but I might have to shift it around.

The round header,I dont think will work with the shorter block anyways so the only other option is to put on the old stovepipe shit. FFFFFFF that.Maybe to sell it but,better to sell it with the good stuff on it.

I'll figure it out.Let ya know.