My 71 510

So after hanging around here and having my dime for about a year i figure it's about time to start a project thread.

Last June i bought it from a high school auto show teacher in Kirkland, who had it around the school for his kids to get some experience with, but they just ended up effing it up.

Mainly they ran it into a pole, at least thats what the story is, then starting projects and not finishing them like the half assembled brakes and the dizzy that was missing numerous pieces.

But it only has ~68K miles on it orig. but somehow one of the POs managed to strip out a spark plug hole on it.

now after fixing the mis-timed motor, ditching the stock hitachi, and also ditching the points dizzy, she is almost road worthy. now i just need to tune the carb a bit more and ditch the autotragic then things will be much more kosher.

Now for some pictures. Yes, it isn't very pretty, between school and work i don't have a whole lot of time to work on it, but its come quite a ways.

and before anyone asks, it says WRYF on the door and trunk, courtesy of a shipyard friend of mine. and the LSD on the trunk, you'll have to ask Dallas about that one

DSCF0037.jpg

DSCF0038.jpg

DSCF0039.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

Well with some help from Byron and T3, this is where the front end is sitting at the moment w/ 195/60-15s which are way too big.

This puts the engine crossmember 5in off the ground....and it will be going lower

Next is the rear, will be using Byrons brackets there for the alignment fix.

DSCF0141.jpg

DSCF0172.jpg