old pics... our New 82 210

My wife and I got married in 1980, our 1st new car we purchased together was a 1982 210. We didn't have much money so we couldn't afford to get AC on it. It was a very base car 4spd, vinyl seats and no AC. If I remember right it was sale priced at $4495. My wife drove it for 6 years here in Arizona w/o ac. :blink: :blink: Any way I just ran across these photos, thought I would share.

210-1.jpg

210-2.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks clean, but I guess it was new then. No AC in Phoenix would be fun...NOT. So will you be adding the collection someday with another? My fisrt car out of high school was my parents 72 1200. They bought it new in 72 form my uncle who was a Datsun dealer in Salt Lake City. We lived in Bakersfield at the time so it did have air. I owned in when we lived in Tucson. I bought my 73 1200 a couple years ago to have another. It will be converted to electric someday. I need parts off a 210 for my 280ZX strut swap.

Looks clean, but I guess it was new then. No AC in Phoenix would be fun...NOT. So will you be adding the collection someday with another? My fisrt car out of high school was my parents 72 1200. They bought it new in 72 form my uncle who was a Datsun dealer in Salt Lake City. We lived in Bakersfield at the time so it did have air. I owned in when we lived in Tucson. I bought my 73 1200 a couple years ago to have another. It will be converted to electric someday. I need parts off a 210 for my 280ZX strut swap.

Hey Kelly2,

First car a 1200? How cool is that. I would have loved a 1200 back then. My 1st new car was a 79 620 that I fixed up as a show truck.

only Datsun would sell a car in Arizona with no AC so that everyone could afford to buy one Thats Awsome

Ranman72, yep it was all we could afford at the time. We needed another dependable car and adding A/C would have made our monthly payment to high! :lol: :( My wife was just so excited to get a new car that she never complained about no A/C. We did tint the windows as dark as we could (limo tint) and that helped a little.

I never cared for the Sandstone Tan color, but it looks great in the AZ environment.

ggzilla, We really liked the color. Seemed like everyone was buying white, blue or silver. We didn't see as many this color. In fact a few years later we bought a new "Hardbody" pickup when they first came out in almost the same color. This one had A/C :P

hardbody1.jpg