KA24E water lines..where to?

DjSpecter

Well im in the middle of a KA swap and need just a little advise. I removed the manifold in order to do a carb set up and am left with a lot of water lines. I need to know what I need and waht I can cap off. The car its going in has no heater so I can bypass that line and connect it to run through the head. But there are a few more left. If you could I would love to see what others have done to the lines. Here is link to the same question I am asking but it seems to be a mix match of Plus them and loop them so does anyone have a different or FOR SURE way to run these lines? here is a pic of my water lines and the second pic is the lines and what to do with them.

2011-12-03_155402.jpg

aaaaamediumoh2.png

http://forums.nicocl...pt-t443957.html

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see what your doing with you manifold....pic of the car....give us something?

The two big main ones for sure, you need. The 2 with silver wrap go to the heater...cap if you need to. Is this going in a race car?

One near the front cover is a vent to intake, not water and one is a water hose. It obvious once you take off the water neck.

yes its going in the corolla and my car will be daily driven. I sold all the GTS parts and wanted something bigger and better. So I picked up this single cam KA24E and the L20b dizzy as well to go along with the carb conversion. But after taking off the manifoldI was left with the water hoses. My motor is the one at the top first pic.

2011-12-03_155402.jpg

The two over by the starter hole are for the heater. Get rid of the lower metal line as it has a side pipe coming off near the oil filter and probably not needed. Just run a hose. Doesn't matter which heater hose goes in or out of the heater it will still work.

The hose in the middle by the head ports is from the block vent and has to be connected to a PCV valve on the intake.

Biggest hose way over to the right goes to the bottom of the rad.

really. 1 heater core. 2 pcv but might have siderafts so could be a breather. not a good set up. 3 heater core. 4 blocked off with a plate. now the trick for 3 and 4 is to use a regular thermostat with a jiggle valve. the original thermostat blocked #3 that bypassed to the upper hose once it warmed up