WTB 510 EAST COAST

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum, this is my first post/intro. My name is Nelson, I'm 29yrs old and looking for a 510. I'm in Raleigh NC, and I'm willing to travel a reasonable distance for the right car.

Here is what I'm looking for,

a 510 2 or 4 door

NO RUST! Rust is a deal breaker.

No auto transmissions.

Don't care which motor is in it as long as it's running/driving.

Prefer something with some light mods or heavy mods.

Trying to stay in the <5k range. Don't really wanna have to spend more than that, maybe a little more for travel.

Thanks everyone, hopefully I'll be a 510 owner and be able to be more involved with the forum!!

Nelson

Also you can call me at 919 453 three two seven four, if you have one and wanna talk over the phone instead.

Thanks!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Nelson! Good luck in the hunt! As you have discovered, tough to find these things in the east. I know it is an automatic, but with 5k in my pocket I'd jump on this one if I were you! And source a dogleg 5-speed afterward. They almost never come up on the east this clean! And I look almost every day. Rust is almost always an issue.

510 in PA

5T25Z45W53n73p33o8bbg72aa4a07a6a61b9e.jpg

5V55Z25S13n03p33ldbbgc31cd9e287981561.jpg

5V55R05S43k13od3l7bbg831fb53961b01efe.jpg

• Like 1

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum, this is my first post/intro. My name is Nelson, I'm 29yrs old and looking for a 510. I'm in Raleigh NC, and I'm willing to travel a reasonable distance for the right car.

Here is what I'm looking for,

a 510 2 or 4 door

NO RUST! Rust is a deal breaker.

No auto transmissions.

Don't care which motor is in it as long as it's running/driving.

Prefer something with some light mods or heavy mods.

Trying to stay in the <5k range. Don't really wanna have to spend more than that, maybe a little more for travel.

Thanks everyone, hopefully I'll be a 510 owner and be able to be more involved with the forum!!

Nelson

Also you can call me at 919 453 three two seven four, if you have one and wanna talk over the phone instead.

Thanks!

I have a nice 71 2 door here in MD for sale. I am selling it for a a friend. I can get you some pics tomorrow. Let me know if you are interested.

Can you get me some pics of it. I really probably can't go more than 6... and that's stretching it. I have an sr20det redtop full swap out of my s13 240. For the automatics, what trans will work and how hard is the swap? as far as finding a pedal cluster and such? I'm willing to put in the work if it's fairly bolt in.

Thanks for the help guys!!!

Can you get me some pics of it. I really probably can't go more than 6... and that's stretching it. I have an sr20det redtop full swap out of my s13 240. For the automatics, what trans will work and how hard is the swap? as far as finding a pedal cluster and such? I'm willing to put in the work if it's fairly bolt in.

Thanks for the help guys!!!

Not an expert, but here is some reading. Just what I found with a quick google search. If rust is your true concern, the cool thing about that minty one in PA is you could actually drive it while you take your time, collect parts and get everything you need for the swap.

My link

My link

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.