1987 maxima rear disc convershion

anthonydeb

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We used a center pull handle from a 200sx, and cables from a 240sx (S13) for the one we just did.

Creepy - do the S13 cables work without modification? I want to retain my umbrella handle for the 610 (nostalgia, never plan to drift my sedan, and a perfect sports coupe center console are my 3 reasons for not going center pull...)I will fabricate the rest, my hangup has been cables to fit the stock mounting areas...

/end threadjack/

Creepy - do the S13 cables work without modification? I want to retain my umbrella handle for the 610 (nostalgia, never plan to drift my sedan, and a perfect sports coupe center console are my 3 reasons for not going center pull...)I will fabricate the rest, my hangup has been cables to fit the stock mounting areas...

/end threadjack/

There was a bit of fitting and adapting involved for the way we did it, but I've seen guys use the stock handle and cable set up, if they mount the calipers on the bottom. (with minor adapting to the cable set up).

do u have pics of your setup?

I'll see if I can dig some up.

http://s1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa361/anthonydeb/?action=view&current=IMG_0935.jpg

this is a pic of the rear disk on my 69 510 looks like i would have to cut out that little triangle pice in order to setup a e brake cable ?

i have seen pics were the caliper is mounted bolth on top and under the rotor dose this pos make a dif?

my thought was to move it to the top and then would have plenty of room ?

or i can just leave them uner and hack off that tab ?

• 2 weeks later...

I have some instructions on how to adapt the parking brake system from a 1986-87 maxima into a 510/610.

Basically it covers installing the tunnel-mounted pull handle, cables and calipers from the maxima. Some mods are involved to get it done.

If you want a copy of these instructions, just Email me at: engineered.datsun@gmail.com