Hitachi Carb Interchange?

650savag

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DCH340 -- from 1973 and newer L-series engines.

Thanks everyone for the info. The DHC340 is what I'm running on both of my trucks and they are both running good right now but I know how finicky the Hitachi's can be when they wear out and I want to keep a good one on stand-by. I thought this one on ebay might be one to purchase for a standby but I'm glad that i asked and got the good advice from you guys. Thanks again, Dan

Guest DatsuNoob

Wouldn't be a bad idea either to get a used weber from a JY if you're wanting to save a couple bucks. Most of them I've been to were selling them for $50 as a rebuildable core, when I'll bet some of the ones I've seen a quick spray out with some ether would've been good enough.

Actually, Mike, the 1983 Z24 carb is pretty much the same as the Z22S carb. The '84-86 Z24 carb is significantly different, as it's electronically controlled (requiring the ECU and I think the O2 sensor), but I know my '83 is not (the only year the Z24 wasn't electronic).

However, the carb base is the same. It's the TBI setup on the '86.5-90 Z24i that is far different.

The main reason you don't want to use a NAPS-Z carb on a L-series is the air filter mount. L-series air cleaners use a clamp mount, Z-series use a post and wingnut. I managed to get a NAPS-Z carb/aircleaner on a L-engine at one point but it was a real cobble-job.