A good A

RedBanner

so ive read as many post as I can, both here and abroad, and im just not satified.

I want to build a good a series, and a local guy passed a messege to me second hand saying delsol pistons could be subbed for a14 pistons for cheap flat top or dome, as the a series ones are 1000 bucks.

I intend on spending my bonus on building a dependable motor, built but within the parameters enuff that i dont have to worry about poppin the head gasket at the time, or tacoing rods and such.

I assume to hear " a15 with flat top pistons , closed chamber head, side drafts". So bring it on, and since I thread withour pics is broken, I found these durring my web search

PICT4119_Medium_.jpg

scaled-1.jpg

PICT0027a13.jpg

images-4.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can recommend what I have

* A14 overbored from 76mm to 78.5mm -- total 1492cc (larger than an A15)

* Closed chamber H89 head (JDM/AUS head) ported

* Twin Mikuni/Solex

* Flat-top pisons, about 10.5:1 compression (requires premium gasoline)

* EE Custom header with a turbo muffler

* Unknown camshaft. It runs best over 3,000 RPM but will putter around at 1500.

You don't have to buy the Tomei pistons for $1000. You can buy custom pistons from Arias and other US piston companies for about $100 each. Since they are custom, you have to call them.

There's no replacment for displacement. I'd go with 79mm pistons and an A15 block & crank. For about 1600cc. Call Isky and have them grind you a camshaft for 3000-6000 RPM use. Be sure to use some low gear like 4.11 -- or use stock gear with small diameter tires like 195/50R15. Gotta keep the revs up for a high revvin engine.

Some guys like high compression. But going up to 10:1 will only gain you 2% power. Going from 76mm to 79mm will give you around an 8% power gain.

I'd go with an A15 and 79mm pistons.

here's my engine. twin Sidedrafts look cool, but you may need to use a remote brake reservoir on a LHD model. Not move the brake cylinder, just move the reservoir.

16537.jpg

• Like 1

Im in search of a closed chamber head, as for carbs, would one big webber side draft keep up you think? All the side draft shit is crazy expensive, thinking hard at this point.

But im leaning towards .... Well idk, well see what pops up first.

Two webers only cost about twice a single weber. So it's only 2x crazy. But I'd get the Mikuni/Solex carbs. They are by far the most popular in Japan and were the ones sold by Nissan Competition.

The $600 engine already has all these parts, even if you need to rebuild it it might be worth it.