thoughts???

looking for wheels..... XXR wheels are very inexpensive just curious if this is for any particular reason does anyone have any words of wisdom? ive heard they're cheap, break, knock offs.....Are these just words of snobby wheel guys??

posted this a while ago and got good remarks concerning XXR and i guess i should have added other wheels to this topic so here we go......gimme your thoughts on ROTA, AXIS, VOLK (awesome but expensive), etc etc etc....... lets hear it!

Edited by tneudy
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looking for wheels..... XXR wheels are very inexpensive just curious if this is for any particular reason does anyone have any words of wisdom? ive heard they're cheap, break, knock offs.....Are these just words of snobby wheel guys??

Yes and no. XXRs are fine for daily's and whatnot, but if you abuse them, they are not going to be as strong as more expensive wheels. They are often knock offs of certain popular wheels, but not always. Example, drag DR20s are based on Work Equip 03s (?), many other examples could be generated.

It is likely that their quality control measures are a source of cost savings, this could result in wheels with problems getting out, not necessarily, but this would explain there being a few more bad wheels around.

Yup!

If you aren't planning on drag racing or SCCA racing on these wheels, you're absolutely fine.

Exactly.

Ummm, a word of caution. If you haven't done so yet, we need oics. of said car these might go on. If you haven't loaded any, I would suggest doing it quickly as you have been warned. Also welcome to Ratsun :fu:

Fuzz

put a couple pics on my page!!!