1975 280Z FS 5000 obo

Craigslist ad

Please visit the link for pictures. I'll be adding some in the next few days. Thanks!

Up for sale is my 1975 Datsun 280Z. This Z is a great runner and was my daily for almost two years. I’m selling it because I’m saving up for a condo and this would definitely get me to my goal quicker.

Here are the goods:

N42 Block/P79 head. Pulls hard and smokes a little on deceleration. New oil pan gasket

3-2-1 MSA headers with MSA twice-pipes exhaust system. Sounds excellent!

5 speed out of a later 280ZX. Very close ratio and shifts very solid.

R200 diff. New gasket and oil

240Z MSA Urethane air dam with 240Z signal conversion

MSA BRE spoiler

Tokico lowering springs on Illumina Blue struts

Poly bushings installed

New tie rods

MSA complete carpet kit

Quiet Ride sound deadening in the floors and hatch area

MSA speaker box with Infinity Kappa 6X9 speakers. Speakers are amped with an Eclipse 4 channel amp rated at 150 watts. A newer Alpine headunit was installed in 2010 along with the speakers and has an I-pod cable.

15% tint all around: June 2011

New parts:

-New wires, plugs, rotor: 6 months old

-New clutch master and brake booster: 6 months old

-New slave cylinder: 1 year old

- New 15X7.5 Konig B-Bomb wheels with 225/50 Falken Ziex tires: 1 year old and less than 5,000 miles

I also have a ton of parts that will come with the car including:

-Later 280Z clock. Supposedly it’s rebuilt but I’ve never tested it

- Later 280Z gauges in good condition

-NOS door weather stripping which is very soft rubber unlike the reproduction stuff.

-New rear brake drum shoes in the box

-240Z grill that is in very nice shape and powder coated.

-Set of original 280Z wheels with wheel covers in great shape.

Overall the car runs great and gets a ton of looks and thumbs up wherever I drive it. There are a couple of small issues with the Z such as the reverse gear is touchy and that the motor smokes a little oil but the car can be used as a daily regardless. I maybe put a quart in every 1000 miles which is what some new cars burn! There is no rust on this Z other than a little surface rust in the engine bay due to the open vent covers on the hood. Hatch, floors, rails, fenders, everything is solid and original.

I can be reached at 951-526-5312. You can text me at that number or call. If I don’t answer please leave a detailed message and I will return your call in the evening after work. I am available on Wednesdays and Sundays to show the Z. I work the other five days and commute to San Diego so it’ll be late by the time I’m home.

I will be adding more pictures of the interior but due to the rain I didn’t get a chance, sorry!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.