I need a Switch for My '76

Nicholas7620

Howdy All,

My 76 B210 has been running, good gas mileage, always starts, Hitachi carburetor idles good, BUT my heater blower switch took a dumper :( , stopped working. Winter is coming here in No. Cali, having a blower would be nice.

Here is a PIC of the blower switch I need. The switch screws into the bottom of the hot/cold lever, and AS YOU KNOW, pulling the lever towards you activates the fan blower from off to LOW to HIGH.

CIMG0439.jpg

CIMG0440.jpg

I found the part number in a DATSUN B210 Parts Catalog. I order the part on line from a NISSAN Dealership in ARIZONA. I got a call from NISSAN ARIZONA telling me they didn't have the part and no one is the US has that part. :(

I DON'T believe them someone on ratsun will know someone who knows someone who knows someone. :cool:

The next two PIC's show where the switch lives.

CIMG0431.jpg

CIMG0432.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do you have any skills to clean the switch internals? most often switches like these stop working from corrosion or broken wires. they are pretty simple. i wouldnt doubt that nissan wouldnt have that part. i'd check ebay or see if other models have the same switch, as a lot of old datsuns had similar heater assemblies. i'm not much help when it comes to the parts numbers or cross references. you could also try setting up some sort of alternate switch. it would be too easy to set up two swtiches, one for high, one for low that are separate from the assembly. i had to learn all the wiring from scratch on mine a little while back as a previous owner wasn't very proficient at wiring. it was an awful, rats nest of a mess with corroded wires twisted together and patch wires of the wrong color all covered in electrical tape. it wasnt too complex once i got it all separated.

Hey Will,

You are right. The entire assembly is numbered 27135 - H6100, I'm quite certain the wiring is included as part of the entire assembly.

If you agree, I think I can unscrew the wiring from the NOS assembly and screw it into my old assembly and I can avoid having to do alot of cable disconnecting and readjusting. I'll double check my parts catalog.

I'm looking under switches in my parts catalog. I can't find a separate entry for the blower switch. My '76 was manufactured in Dec of 75 at the Zama II plant in Japan. On 8/76 Part number above was superceded by 27135-H7200 and the parts are conditionally interchageable. I sent you a message Will. I would be interested in purchasing NOS.

do you have any skills to clean the switch internals? most often switches like these stop working from corrosion or broken wires. they are pretty simple. i wouldnt doubt that nissan wouldnt have that part. i'd check ebay or see if other models have the same switch, as a lot of old datsuns had similar heater assemblies. i'm not much help when it comes to the parts numbers or cross references. you could also try setting up some sort of alternate switch. it would be too easy to set up two swtiches, one for high, one for low that are separate from the assembly. i had to learn all the wiring from scratch on mine a little while back as a previous owner wasn't very proficient at wiring. it was an awful, rats nest of a mess with corroded wires twisted together and patch wires of the wrong color all covered in electrical tape. it wasnt too complex once i got it all separated.

Hey Josh T,

I removed the switch and one wire was hanging by three threads and you could see black burn marks and melted insulation. I cleaned the wire reconnected the wire and nothing no blower <_< . After sleeping on the problem I did take the blower switch out of my 77 parts car and I only have high speed, better than no speed :) . If you look close at my PIC's you can see a black plastic box with a switch hanging on the right side of the heater box.

Hey CrackerJack,

Nice kid, I see how you roll :D. I started looking at swiches on ebay, amazon and others. I can't find one that I like yet. I stopped in at NAPA and they had nothing. I'm using the switch out of my 77 datsun and I have only hi speed and a big dangling block of plastic hanging out my dash board. :o Better than freezing, we haven't had our first frost yet.

well after all the wiring i did, which i could only do so much as i ran out of crimp connectors half way through the whole thing, i had a little problem yesterday when i was seeing if my heat worked. it was just a loose wire. i have noticed that the glass fuses in our cars tend to be kinda iffy when they get old. the end caps seem to like to come loose from the filament like a few of mine did, causing a lot of intermittent problems. and there is a resistor up further in the dash on the right side of the assembly. you could check that and any wires for a short. i'm trying to think of any other places i seen that could be a problem.

When these work only on the high speed it is usually the resistor on the side of the heater unit. Have you checked it?

(B310 and A10) are famous for this fault

Hey Will,

I see. I have two problems then, a bad 76 B210 switch that toasted my resistor :( . I had two fan speeds before my '76 switch went bad.

I don't know how to check a resistor other than to replace it. I'll work on replacing the resistor. I have a '77 B210 resistor. Thanks for the tip.

well after all the wiring i did, which i could only do so much as i ran out of crimp connectors half way through the whole thing, i had a little problem yesterday when i was seeing if my heat worked. it was just a loose wire. i have noticed that the glass fuses in our cars tend to be kinda iffy when they get old. the end caps seem to like to come loose from the filament like a few of mine did, causing a lot of intermittent problems. and there is a resistor up further in the dash on the right side of the assembly. you could check that and any wires for a short. i'm trying to think of any other places i seen that could be a problem.

Hey Josh T,

I picked up a 60 piece glass fuse assortment for $4.99 at Harbor Freight, there are two Harbor Freights in your area. Item #67692 Our Sunday paper always has a Harbor Freight ad, the ad always has a 20% off coupon. I've paid $5 for 5 of them in the past :( . I got my 60 fuses for $4 before tax.

HARBOR FREIGHTS IN YOUR AREA:

DOUGLASVILLE GA #350 (14.3 mi)

7424 DOUGLAS BLVD

DOUGLASVILLE, GA 30135

Phone: 770-949-7052

ATLANTA NW GA #110 (18.7 mi)

4290 BELLS FERRY RD NW, STE 126

KENNESAW, GA 30144

I think I have this part (nos) however the number on your list brings up a large item with the control cables etc on it, as well as that switch. Anyways I'll look for the switch for you. you're 100% that the switch is the thing at fault?

Hey Will,

I found a better drawing of the heater contol assembly in my shop manual and the wiring and switch are definitely an included part of the heater control assembly. Are you able to take a picture of your NOS Heater Control Assembly?

The quality is good, I seldom blow a fuse or have one go bad. Your mileage could vary. I needed some 25 Watt fuses today, I was glad I purchased the fuses for a just in case.

i might have to hit up HF next time i'm in douglasville. i'll do it after i get the stuff i really need since i will probably find other things i need to get there.

okay here are the pics. I am very happy to remove the switch from this and send it, to keep the costs down.

WOW, that's it Will, very cool :cool: . Can you email me terms, (Click on my avatar, my email address is at Ratsun.) Be careful when you remove the switch there is a squarish, very thin plastic washer than goes between the body of the switch and the heater lever.

Just in case, do you have a NOS heater resistor? The part number is 27015-H5000. I'm going out to my parts car to see if I can remove the '77 resistor.

Hey Will,

I pulled out the resistor and the spring wiring was detached from the body of the resistor and just sticking out into the air. I screwed it into place with a machine screw (I have loose screws in my head :D. ) I took a picture, then plugged the resistor in and VOILA just like that I have two fan speeds again. :P

PICTURE OF MY RESISTOR WITH ONE OF MY LOOSE SCREWS HOLDING SPRING WIRE IN PLACE.

CIMG0441.jpg

THIS IS HOW I ROLL, The "PURE" is not as pretty as other datsuns on this site.CIMG0442.jpg

I like letting people know I'm driving a DATSUN :D .CIMG0418.jpg

• Like 1

its not in the middle! :)

So you don't need this switch or resistor now?

I missed the middle, but I got most of it :D .

I'm still interested, re-read my thread, I've left you private messages. Should I drive to the UK? :P

Thanks to all, I figured out how to have a blower switch using the heater switch from my 77 B210 parts car and I repaired my resistor so I have both fan speeds with help from Ratsun.

I found a NOS switch for my 76 in the UK via Ratsun, very cool. :cool: I ordered the NOS part this AM.

I had a nice long drive in my B210 this AM, crusing a steady 70 mph at 3600 RPMs, the fuel gauge didn't budge. My 14" tires, P205x70R lowered my RPMs. :D

This Forum has made it much easier to keep my Datsun on the road.