Engine Swap

Jovan Munoz

Hi everyone

Now that i got my 620 running right, I am going to start saving up for an engine swap. I was just wondering what type of input you all can give me i wasn't sure but the engines in thinking about are the fallowing

JDM 89-91 Mazda RX7 13B Turbo Rotary Engine Swap FC3S

or

SR20 DET,

I also have to take in account finances, because i am in college so i want the cheapest but at the same time the fastess thing for my Truck.....:unsure:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My advice, is that if you just got it running, enjoy it with the stock powerplant for a while. It'll be cheap to keep it running, and that will help you through college. If you're trying to do something on the cheap, don't do a swap; just maintain whatcha got. L-series are inexpensive, dependable, proven, and well documented.

There's NOTHING cheap about any of those swaps that you listed, and while pinching pennies in college, you'll just end up with a torn apart truck for sale, and looking for a ride to the store for a 40oz. of Old E.

• Like 3

What they said ^ ^ ^.

I bought an S13 SR20 already wired for a datsun but decided to sell the engine to my brother instead. Reason for this is that I had just got done putting my truck together after painting it and I did not want to have it in the garage for another year while I did the swap. Like Micro said, enjoy the truck first and do the swap later. In the future if I decide to do a swap, it will probably be a KA.

Re-consider the swap idea. Are you paying labor to do the swap or trying to do the labor yourself while keeping up with school work?

If you are needing to ask about a swap at all, then you better count on spending several thousand dollars before it is running/driving with the swap. Yes, very resourceful people have accomplished a swap for less, but it is rare.

I recently finished a VG30 swap into my 620, and i will never total all the receipts of how much i spent. And i did all the labor.