fs a 1966 datsun 1600 roadster

a roadster its in good condition runs an idles good im getting a battery this weekend for it, has minor thing that need to be done like speedo, tach, windshield washer spray hook up, hard top needs a little tlc, have softop but its in rough condition no holes or anything just hasnt been used in 8 years, il have pics up soon dont harass me about the pictures or i wont put any up, i like an love this car but my dad hates old cars an he wants me to get something i can go up to the snow in and is modern.. hopefully by next yr when im in college ill have a datsun again or at least a classic car, plz someone take this off my hands in ratsun so i dont have to sell to someone who doesnt know damn shit about a datsun

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so i tlked my dad into keeping it but if i keep it i get a shitty little pick up to go up to the snow i mean its worth it to keep my datsun but i havent been able to drive my roadster for two months because it wont stay on for longer then a minute the motor turns on an it runs then dies an i got a new battery:(

delete post i get to keep it

Sounds like a fuel problem to me, whether its a clogged fuel line or filter, old dirty gas, carb is fucked, bad fuel pump, etc. Does it have fresh gas? Is that an online fuel filter in the engine nay that you can see dirt in? Does it run rough the whole time or smooth then just die? Could also be the carb is not tuned right leaving the air/fuel mixture messed up. Be more specific, describe exactly what happens when its running and when it dies.

well i changed the fuel filter, dave witt gave us a new electric gas pump, we havent taken apart the carbs yet, but it runs but sounds like u r semi stepping on the gas when u have the choke out but once u put the choke back in it dies

well i changed the fuel filter, dave witt gave us a new electric gas pump, we havent taken apart the carbs yet, but it runs but sounds like u r semi stepping on the gas when u have the choke out but once u put the choke back in it dies

It's not getting enough fuel. Either your electric fuel pump isn't pumping enough gas, or your carvs need to be adjusted. Find the idle air mixture screw and turn it clockwise until it doesn't die with the choke out. And ya, start a new thread.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.