Hello! New here, NOT new to Datsuns/Nissans

I was big into Z31s, still love them...however I've caught the S30 bug pretty bad and have since majorly downsized the Z31 department, and upsized the S30. I own 1 Z31 currently, and 3 S30s.

My Z31, 86 300ZX Turbo. Originally automatic, 5 speed swapped. It has the original VG30ET with low CR....stock T3 on ~12psi of boost, 3" turbo-back exhaust, FMIC, Nistune, Z3R springs, Bilstein HDs, 88T front brakes....

20111027165904.jpg

74 260Z. I'm in the middle of swapping new floor pans and under-floor frame rails/supports into it. It has ~45,000 original miles, but the L26 was siezed up from sitting since '79....I bought it with triple webers, a MSA header, and Mallory dizzy....The interior is pretty mintish, including the crack-free dash and center console. I intend to L28ET swap it in time. I have fiberglass fenders for it, as well as 280Z turn signals so I can use the air dam I got for it. I also have everything for a rear-disc swap for this car.

20111027165817.jpg

74 260Z. It badddly needs floors, rocker panels, and a couple pieces in the 1/4s...otherwise its decent. Battery tray area is spotless....probably just going to do new floors/rockers/quarter panels, and put a L28 in it with stock SU carbs and a 4 speed.

20111027165747.jpg

78 280Z. I just got this Saturday. It has a MSA header, Dynomax 2.5" exhaust, custom intake and MSD Blaster 2 coil. It also has new Bad Dog frame rails. I intend to build a ~11:1 CR L28E for this with a decent cam, and Z31 EFI.

20111027165720.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

74 260Z. It badddly needs floors, rocker panels, and a couple pieces in the 1/4s...otherwise its decent. Battery tray area is spotless..

[

The only thing you find on car that doesn`t need replacing is the battery tray, so your saving it ..I like the way you think .

.A big welcome from me.

The only thing you find on car that doesn`t need replacing is the battery tray, so your saving it ..I like the way you think .

.A big welcome from me.

Well...front frame rails, radiator support, and rear frame rails/floor are pretty solid, as well as the top half of the car....all of its rust is from sitting near a road in PA with flat tires, and thus the floor on the ground. I'm concerned about the frame rail area near the firewall, other than that its all cake to fix. Cost wouldn't be too bad, just time consuming....