front and rear window seals (rubber)

New member here.

I've a 69and Datsun 510 4 door that I was going to drive till it puked. Until it got a little rainy. Drifted around a few corners and OMG. I found out how much fun this car is. 1 led to 2 and now... rebuild. On a budget. Just purchased a fairlady 1600 with dual downdraft Hitachi? Carbs and a 5 speed.

Will rebuild myself.

Need advice. Small over bore and a torque based cam. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Also ... any sources on wind shield and rear window rubber seals?

Thank you in advance.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First post fail for no pictures of your Datsuns. Drifting is for honduhs and any less desirable makes. Don't want to see your second post "Need zx struts to replace the one I tore off on a curb, lol. Oh and a new rim, make that two."

Rebuilding the motor or replacing it will give you a breathing space. Yes these cars are infectious to drive but they go so far beyond mere drifting. Give it a chance. They handle on the highway or twisty roads or even in town and can be made to do even better.

First post fail for no pictures of your Datsuns. Drifting is for honduhs and any less desirable makes. Don't want to see your second post "Need zx struts to replace the one I tore off on a curb, lol. Oh and a new rim, make that two."

Rebuilding the motor or replacing it will give you a breathing space. Yes these cars are infectious to drive but they go so far beyond mere drifting. Give it a chance. They handle on the highway or twisty roads or even in town and can be made to do even better.

Now now, Mike~ be nice & cut the newbie some slack.... it was his first post after all. After all, all it took was one dreary drizzly Eureka day to convert the turtle to a Ratsun man. I'd say that's profound progress~ wouldn't you?

Welcome aboard, turtle! There's a lot of great peeps here, great minds too~ and sometimes great peeps with great minds! :lol: Some quirks in this collective consciousness you'll find most apparent are

1. "If there's no pics (herein referred to as OICS~ ask Skib), it didn't happen!", and

2. Don't get yer undies up in a bunch about your reputation. Those little green/red buttons to vote a post up or down. It only takes one misconstrued word to invoke a red-button "spanking" by one or more. Apologize, and move on~

You'll want to check out the following: parts links pinned in several areas (both general and vehicle-specific), and the general discussion forum~ in which you'll spend more time than you think. Also the search engine here leaves something to be desired, so find a convenient spot to nestle this link~

http://www.google.com/advanced_search?q=site:community.ratsun.net&hl=en

Best of luck with your new rides~ and welcome aboard!

Now let's hear more about you & your cars...... and some oics! HAHA:lol:

Peace~

Scott

• Like 1

Mexico? No unworldy shipping cost & wait time?

You have my attention, sir!

Welcome to Ratsun, turtle. Don't be afraid to come out of your wee lil' shell there. Let's see some oics, damnit!

Oh. Dude... gimme some fin. Noggin... Duuuuuude.