dogleg shifter pin number

socaldatsun

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

# 32849 H1010 (about $3) This is the same pin used on all FS5W71B five speeds and F4W71B four speeds in 620 trucks, 280z and zx and Maximas. Also used in all standard tranny 720s and S110 and S12 200sx to '86, B-210 and A10 with 5 speeds. Very common.

Better get or order a few of the E clips that hold it in case you drop and loose the one you have # 32854 24900 about 30 cents.

Datzenmike,

What is the P/N for the pivot pin that has a threaded end with a nylok nut and do you know if they are still available?

They are much easier to install/remove than the e-clip type. I found one in a transmission I bought and have moved it to my racecar. I beleive it was used on the 60 series transmission from a 210.

It is much easier to deal with when driveline parts are being R&R'd frequently like in a racecar.

Datzenmike,

What is the P/N for the pivot pin that has a threaded end with a nylok nut and do you know if they are still available?

They are much easier to install/remove than the e-clip type. I found one in a transmission I bought and have moved it to my racecar. I beleive it was used on the 60 series transmission from a 210.

It is much easier to deal with when driveline parts are being R&R'd frequently like in a racecar.

Lock washer.......................................... 08915-13810

Hex nut................................................. 08911-20810 .... this nut and this pin may have been

Control lever pin......................................32849-H7301..... replaced with the the nylok type.

Control lever bushings............................ 32855-H1010

Just got back from the dealer, P/N was no good. He gave me this # 32849-v5003

It may have been superseded, but that was the correct pin number for all those transmissions including the 200sx dogleg. I'll try to find # 32849-V5003 and see what it fits.

I assume you mean the FS5W63A from the 200sx and not the FS5W60L dogleg from the 210?

32849-V5003 is used in the FS5W71C for the '86 1/2 and up S12 200sx

It's earliest use is in the '84 300zx. It's a pin that holds the C type shifter in the socket.

The kids they have working there weren't even borne when the original S10 200sx was around. Probably never heard of it or their parts catalog only goes back to the mid '80s.

No it won't work. That's why the numbers are different. Tell them it's for a '77-'79 first generation 200sx also known as an S-10 and tell him the number you want is # 32849 H1010

Also fits these transmissions :

# 32849 H1010 (about $3) This is the same pin used on all FS5W71B five speeds and F4W71B four speeds in 620 trucks, 280z and zx and Maximas. Also used in all standard tranny 720s and S110 and S12 200sx to '86, B-210 and A10 with 5 speeds. Very common.

Better get or order a few of the E clips that hold it in case you drop and loose the one you have # 32854 24900 about 30 cents.

No it won't work. That's why the numbers are different. Tell them it's for a '77-'79 first generation 200sx also known as an S-10 and tell him the number you want is # 32849 H1010

Also fits these transmissions :

So I just called Nissan Dealer to try and cancel the two shifter pins I ordered and get the right part withthe new number.

The guy prety much said to fuck off and I what ever I bought was mine and I can't exchange it.

But the guy I ordered it from said that if it doesnt fit then I could bring it back.

Should I wait till my order comes in and on pick up tell them what happened?

Is there really no exchange or return on parts at Nissan or is this guy an idiot?

He works for you! Not the other way round. I don't have much patience for dicks that don't listen. I seriously doubt that you told him the part was for an '86 and up S12 200sx. In fact you even had the correct number for him!! How hard is it to not screw it up? It's up to him to get it right by asking. He probably doesn't even know that there were two generations of 200sx before that. Fuck I don't work for Nissan and I got it right in 30 seconds.

If time is short, I would order the correct part now rather than waiting. Is it paid for?

Did you get the guy's name??? Go to the boss and complain. Be sure to tell him you will be contacting Nissan head office (even if you don't)

Well the guy I ordered the part from was cool but said the number was inccorect... so he right away looked it up but im guessing he gave me a pin off the newer 200sx.

The guy on the phone was the asshole. Its nothing urgent, my truck is still sitting brakeless till Nov 8 "i hope". Just wanted to get a few things done before then.

Unfortunately not the same. Recently I ordered a re-build kit for my 15/16 zx master cylinder. I was very surprised that they even had one. Waited a week and what did I get but a slave kit. "oh, sorry, but no problem we'll order the correct one right now.... oh, it's no longer available"