Custom Fiberglass Dash and Aluminum Dash

Tuan

Okay, so after doing the brakes, and cooling, the damn Electrical components take a shit. You've got to be kinding....................!!!

So I told you guys I was going to fiberglass a custom dash, well I tried and failed.

SDC13698.jpg

SDC13710.jpg

SDC13708.jpg

I had used some styro foam left over from packaging and wrapped the entire dash with packaging clear wrap. So it was very promising and I laid Fleece over it and could see the general shape. Well, I laid fiberglass resin over it and the heat of the mixture pretty much ate through the plastic wrap and eat away at the styrofoam. Well, it was a good and cheap try at that. The dash came out okay, but there was just too much work involve to get it perfect. So I opted out and went with aluminum.

aluminum dash, Straight forward, and I also bypassed the ignition switch and rockin' switches and just ordered a push start button. I wasn't going to spend $100 on a new ignition switch so $20 worth of toggle switches and a push start button will sure do it.

OOooo, rocking stock gagues. I had to make custom mounts for them, but sure is easy. LED's making the gauges visible at night. The Aluminum dash took me 1 hour or so, a couple of bends and jigsawed it and that was that.

Still have to sand and clean up the aluminum a bit, probably put suede or carpet dash mat or Curbin FUrberr, or something cool. Still gotta make the end caps for the dash, but the hard parts are done.

Boso Exhaust next? Hmmmm.........Time will tell.

SDC13725.jpg

SDC13724.jpg

SDC13723.jpg

SDC13719.jpg

The cente console will be aluminum as well, that's eaaaaaaaasy cheesy. sTAY TUNED.

SDC13717.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks good man, i went with license plates on mine haha

IMG_0347_1.jpg

Hahaha, you crazy son! That's cool. I say, you should do a dash with the old year Tags and Months. Have like 500 stickers from all the years and months.

Good stuff, work with what you got.

• 1 month later...