Dogleg transmission rebuiiders in the Bay Area?

69dime

I've got 2 doglegs I want rebuilt. I have the DQ article. I don't think I want to tackle this myself. Is anyone aware of any local shops? I'd prefer somewhere in the North Bay if possible. I'd like someone who has experience with these transmissions and knows where to get the parts also.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No true Datsun owner could afford to have a dogleg rebuilt, let alone two. :)

Shops aren't cheap, tranny shops worse. What about the Nissan dealer? Find one and talk to one of the old mechanics who may have worked on these transmissions in the early '80s. Maybe he would be willing to do this on his own time for cash.

a Good Trans shop around the corner from me ,,, quoted my brother just over $400 for him to bring trans in ,,, then they will disassmble , clean , inspect , install new bearings all way through , gaskets , synchro's , and discuss any other parts possibly needed ( 1969 Mustang TopLoader 4spd Toploader) = $418

that's really not bad ,,, depends if you caught yours in time to ! :)

Let em Test Drive it with you ,,, they can give you a really good idea of what needs to be done ! :)