shifter styles

bonvo

is it possible to change the type of shifter one a type b tranny to type a? if so how is it doen if i can do this it will make it so i dont have to cut my tranny tunnel :D if its possible please tell me how thank you

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's possible, besides they didn't call the A type the 'monkey motion' for nothing. They were mushy and all over the place. the B was considered an improvement.

The truck has a small cover of sheet metal with the shifter hole in it. It could be removed and adjusted forward to fit, and screwed back on. Is the 610 the same or could you get one from a truck? The tranny difference in length is about 5", what's the shifter difference?

i couldnt find one out at the junk yard (the only one around here there are others about an hours drive away but i need to get my car back on the road) and it will be close it might be maybe an inch or 2 i would have to cut but i was thinking if i could avoid cutting it would be better

ahh see im in nor cal about dead center between sac and sf in a hole in the wall town called vacaville sac has a few yards but with no tranny in my car i have no way there:( anyone in so cal got a tranny? if so would you drive it to me lol:lol: