Pacesetter Header install on '93 D21 4x4

HRH

So with the sale of the NX, I treated Gracie II to a little better breathing. Partly because it fits better than the stock manifold, and partly for my quest for flow in the effort to maximize mileage.

This Pacesetter doesn't fit as well as the 2wd one I had on my '97 hardbody back in 2003, but it still fits relatively well, especially given the cheaper nature of the product. Welds looked good, flange thickness is quite adequate. All in all, a veritable bargain. The only thing I really didn't like was the now 3 bolt flange. Previous 2wd version had a bell flange which sealed great. Never had any problems with it. Two spring bolt attachment. This flat 3 bolt flange always tends to leak. No exception I hooked it up, it leaks. It will be cut off past that flange and welded solid to the rest of the pipe when I have the exhaust done.

I bought exhaust pipe from NAPA that was in stock. It's low-carbon pipe. Don't do this. It rusted out in a year and it's my own damn fault. If anything get the aluminized pipe or something else that won't rust out instantaneously. Or better yet, have an exhaust shop do it. For $200-$300 you'll have a nice setup that won't rust out and will last many years. The 510s exhaust was done about 3 or 4 years ago and there's not an ounce of rust on it. And that only cost $120 or so because it was a short section out the side.

Anyway, here are some pictures. Ordered this header through Summit, shipped to my NAPA in 3 working days regular ground. Was going to get it through Jegs, but they had a longer ship time, apparently didn't have them in stock. Something around $226 shipped.

kaz24header1.jpg

kaz24header2.jpg

kaz24header3.jpg

kaz24header4.jpg

kaz24header5.jpg

kaz24header6.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

kaz24header7.jpg

kaz24header8.jpg

kaz24header9.jpg

kaz24header10.jpg

kaz24header11.jpg

kaz24header12.jpg

kaz24header13.jpg

kaz24header14.jpg

kaz24header15.jpg

kaz24header16.jpg

Beat/bent the outer pipe into submission a little more. Probably should have taken it back off and whacked it with a hammer properly, but it was getting late. Did minor curb hopping, hasn't hit yet. I'll take it to the ORV park before too long and do a little more frame twisting to make sure. Really close but as long as it doesn't hit, I'm good. Not like the frame is going to catch fire. And it's better it's farther away from the front driveline u-joint.

kaz24header17.jpg

This last picture is upside down in orientation, whoops!