side draft carbs

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe post up how much you're willing to spend.

Everyone of these carbs vary in price so much.

idk really what a good set goes for. the cheaper the better, and i hear the su's run pretty good once tuned. and they seem to go a little cheaper? but weber and the others seem to be more performance correct? idk, id say about 350-4oo max?

what about if i get a cheap set of used ones and have them professionally rubuilt at say ztherapy? would it be worth it? or does it cost a lot to get them rebuilt?

i would also be up for trading some random 510 parts, including a rear defroster window. also have a 32/36 elec choke weber i'd do a partial trade on. it needs a rebuild i think.

When I talked to Ztherapy at Canby this year they quoted me $350 to rebuild one, HIF44 SU for my Mini, that includes parts. I think two carbs wouldn't be much more since a lot of the cleaning of parts and what not would take the same amount of time, just dump all the parts into the cleaner. Minimania.com quoted me $325 including parts.

what chokes are in those? i have a set of 36mm chokes

Not sure the choke size as I have never taken them apart. I bought these only because it was too good of a deal to pass up.

Looking for a new 38/38 by chance...?.... :D

Naw... :cool: my next project will be fuel injected.

any history on these? run when pulled from vehicle? hy is it missing the dome, what else is this missing.

Missing one dome and one return spring. They feel really nice in action, but I have no idea of history behind them. I received them from a older Datsun repair shop along with alot of items that I'm tring to downsize. My garage is really running over with alot of small items and it's time for my to stop hoarding them.

hey I have a set of dual JDM Bluebird carbs (great shape) and the JDM blue bird intake manifold (also great shape). you can hear them run they are currently on the car. they came on the car I just bought and im doing a motor swap so I dont need them. they do not need to be rebuilt and are in great working order. let me know if you are interested in pictures and a video. I'm asking 650+ shipping. price is negotiable.

hey I have a set of dual JDM Bluebird carbs (great shape) and the JDM blue bird intake manifold (also great shape). you can hear them run they are currently on the car. they came on the car I just bought and im doing a motor swap so I dont need them. they do not need to be rebuilt and are in great working order. let me know if you are interested in pictures and a video. I'm asking 650+ shipping. price is negotiable.

pm'd

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.